MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Chris_P, Jun 18, 2016.

1. I love "Living Dead." I like literally every song from that campaign, though.

2. I didn’t have expectations because I wasn’t expecting this to be released and it still managed to be underwhelming.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  3. How the fuck do you not include the song that properly opened the campaign.

4. Well it was Fear & Loathing that actually kicked the whole thing a few weeks before and Radioactive was basically retconned as a "promo single" while Primadonna is the lead.

I find it amusing they really got new plates and screwed the tracklist like that but it is what it is dd. Would have been cute to have a full 3LP set. Or go full mental and put 4LPs with some acoustic versions at the end.

Maki and Glitterizer like this.
  5. I wasn't anticipating this so it feels stupid to be disappointed but cutting those songs & not even including Just Desserts? Literally what was the point?

I'm gonna track down a vinyl copy of the original album instead.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  6. Hypocrates surviving the cull...a masterpiece endures.

Jamie, Verandi, Mikal and 12 others like this.
  7. Living Dead having the worst chorus on the album by a considerable margin, but still being ultimately fine because it's Alyssa Electra Heart, but staying on the tenth anniversary edition over Sex Yeah and fucking Radioactive

[​IMG]

8. To be fair, my fake b-sides collection was way better than that dd she should hire me next time

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Opens thread to discover there’s an anniversary edition and gets excited about finally getting lies acoustic on Spotify along with all the great Electra heart b sides

Leaves thread shaking head, that’s so Marina!

Poker Pro and Shuey like this.
  10. Maturity is realizing that Hypocrates is a really good song.

Lander, VitaminBee, Mikal and 8 others like this.
  11. Wisdom is knowing that "Hypocrates" has been a great song all along!

mpl, Verandi, Tabris and 30 others like this.
  12. I was 18 and still pretending I was straight. Nothing made sense!

13. Melina Matsoukas didn't vaguely plagiarize the Radioactive video for We Found Love just for y'all to ERASE the former's LEGACY!!!!!!!!!

IN THE NIGHT YOUR HEART IS FULL
    AND BY THE MORNING EMPTY!!!
    BUT BABY, I'M THE ONE WHO LEFT YOU
    YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO LEFT ME!!!!

Scab, mpl, Tabris and 29 others like this.
  14. There is a really annoying click in Radioactive that, despite being one of my faves, has made it hard to listen to.

15. Scream. I adore Radioactive, too. I'm going to pretend I didn't read about this mysterious clicking sound.

The one-two punch of Valley of the Dolls and Hypocrates is my favorite part of Electra Heart.

Sanctuary likes this.
  16. HQ version of the vinyl artwork if anyone wants it...

[​IMG]

Glitterizer likes this.
  17. Everything about this feels so lazy, which is wild considering it's been a whole decade since this album dropped.

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It feels like a desperate cash-grab, which I get, but for the album that literally catapulted her into Tumblr and overall consciousness, it's a bit hollow. Shame.

19. Deleting tracks to make up space for two others? This is certainy odd behaviour.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.