MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Chris_P, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Not the version of Electra Heart included on the album being NOT the version of the music video AGAIN… I'm done

Jamie and londonrain like this.
  2. EVOL definitely sounds better than what was originally leaked/posted. EVOL should have been on the album over Homewrecker which is quite largely a shit song in retrospect.

3. I actually prefer the new version. There were some issues in the music video version - the backing track felt super choppy.

4. God the bridge to EVOL is such a rush…

Andrew likes this.
  5. God I love this album.

6. The way EVOL just starts with a bang and never lets up... iconic song.

Shuey, Maki and djmakemewet like this.
  7. The version of the title track on Spotify is the official version. A shorter edit was made for the music video but the track has always existed in this form. It's basically an interlude that would work better as a 1:50 outro (which was the consensus back in the day too).

8. [​IMG]

9. I love "E.V.O.L." but always felt like "Electra Heart" (the song) never gets nearly enough credit it deserves. Despite the interlude-ish nature of the song, it's just so propulsive and it really works given the concept. It's always been a 10/10 for me. I've always imagined it to be the album closer, so it's great to see it as such on this edition's track listing.

But what an incredible album. "Valley of the Dolls" is my all-time favourite Marina song - another immensely underrated masterpiece.

10. Didn’t she use the song as her walking on to the stage music for her Lonely Hearts Club tour?

11. Only in the last few US shows on the tour.

xtophermorrison likes this.
  12. Does anyone have/remember that vine(?) of the girl on front facing cam misspeaking the Primadonna lyrics?

13. My gay ass would love if she and Caspar Balslev would follow through with the original idea she had of displaying all the artworks in a limited exhibition or something. I was looking through the tumblr earlier they took so many great pictures together (pre-wig at least). There's hundreds of great outtakes online as well.

14. What are the differences between this version of Electra Heart and the one in the video? I listened them back to back but my deaf ass ears couldn't notice anything.

15. On the streaming version they put a sample of a beat along all the track, that is not part of the song on the MV version. For me, sounds like a fan made edition… You can compare the chorus of both versions

16. I haven’t really kept up with Marina over the years but PHEW this album is a masterpiece. The fact is has more lives than a cat thanks to social media and streaming is truly beautiful.

Heartbreaker, Radioactive, Primadonna, Lies…2012 gays were spoilt.

17. Electra Heart holds up so damn well. I remember adoring it at the time and it's only gone from strength to strength since then.

Radioactive really is that bitch though. How is still sounds so fresh all these years later after thousands of plays is astounding.

Lander, Hurricane, Andrew and 7 others like this.
  18. Living Dead on the Platinum Blonde edition is also new to US streaming, I believe.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  19. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they use a demo to soundtrack the Electra Heart MV? The version on the album sounds so much fuller - full gothic, operatic melodrama!

DinahLee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.