MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Chris_P, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Yes, support our indie artist (i wish i could)

chromatica likes this.
  2. I wonder how that came about, I’m sure I remember her saying back in like 2013/14ish time that she was done opening for people and just wanted to do her own shows.

3. She has a decent amount of audience overlap with Panic, so I’d imagine this is different to her early support slots.

Plus the touring from Love + Fear onwards has seemed to be all about maximising the coin for Ms. Millionairess.

Mikal and hermit_the_frog like this.
  4. Yeah this is more of an almost co-headline than Luigi Masi opening for Girls Aloud.

JasonJay, Shuey and hermit_the_frog like this.
  5. If I can get tickets to see Marina and Panic I would die. But panic tickets literally sold out in minutes last time so I have little hope.

Mikal likes this.
  6. I feel that the last two tours have successfully cemented her status as a touring act who people will go to see, so this slot feels like a smart move. She seems really intent on remaining active rather than disappearing this time. I'd expect a new album within a year.

7. She blew the roof off Dublin last week!

Andrew likes this.
  8. An Electra Heart demo leaked

Sanctuary, lucasdc and Maki like this.
  9. That sounds a little like Scab & Plaster and Living Dead? And it's been implied there's another version floating around. Funny how it took years to get some extra unreleaseds after the pre-Electra Heart batch.

Maki and lucasdc like this.
  10. This is beautiful

11. Another demo called Doubt Your Love leaked; rough, sounds laptop-reocrded.

12. 1 year of Ancient Dreams. I still stand by this album, still sounds good a year later while Love + Fear was rotting on arrival.

Island, johnny_tsunami, Mikal and 4 others like this.
  13. Cause I'm a Woman leaked, an outtake from Ancient Dreams. Would've been a nice addition to the album in the place of some of the ballads.

Maki likes this.
  14. I liked this. There are some obvious recycled lyrics and melodies - but this is quite nice. Marina should have looked through her vault and given us more unreleased material while re-releasing Electra Heart this year.

Maki likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

is one of the artists featured in the

QUIRKY POP RATE: EVOLUTION

Do you enjoy

• good music?
    • pitting PJ faves against each other?
    • mess?

If yes, then make sure to participate!

Maki likes this.
  16. Just listened to The Family Jewels in full for the first time in a while, and it really solidifies how much it remains my personal favorite Marina album. Its new wave Kate Bush flavor is just delicious, and you can really feel the drive and hunger behind a young artist kicking off her professional career.

Also I'd really love her to bring back Liam Howe. He seems to have a hand in a lot of her best work.

17. Lemon Trees coming next Friday

18. Not the Erewhon smoothie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.