Marina & The Diamonds - Froot | Page 221 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina & The Diamonds - Froot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quite.

Weeds, Better Than That and Blue are my established three, I think. Add in I'm a Ruin and Happy for five.

2. 1) I'm a Ruin
    2) Savages
    3) Gold
    4) Froot
    5) Blue
    6) Forget
    7) Happy
    8) Can't Pin Me Down
    9) Weeds
    10) Better Than That

11) Solitaire
    12) Immortal

Just get it next day delivery on Amazon?

3. I feel like "I'm a Ruin" is one of those tracks that somebody will post in Random Pop Thoughts five years from now and we'll all talk about how incredible it still sounds. Even if it's not a big hit, it feels like a big Popjustice song.

4. Froot is #4 in the midweeks.

5. That's disappointing. Though in the absence of anything approaching a hit or radio play probably not surprising.

6. Yeah, it's what I expected before seeing it at 1/2 on iTunes I guess which got my hopes up.

It'll probably be around #9/10 on Sunday

7. I think that's a triumph seeing as she has had next to no radio play or attention.

- that's my ranking.

I think this album may end up being the best this year.

8. It might just be me, but a top 10 album for Marina is a wonderful thing.

9. She seems to have a really devoted fanbase

10. I'm so glad I waited for the CD to arrive to listen to the album. I love it, it's definitely going to make my end-of-year list. It's still a bit difficult not to listen to 'I'm A Ruin' on repeat though. 'Blue' is pretty amazing too.

11. Top ten is fantastic with no promo or airplay.

However, I do worry about any future or support. If this had debuted top 3 it's likely Radio 1 would have playlisted her. It could be out of the top 40 by next week with no support.

12. ssa

ssa

I have no idea what's going on with the release dates.
    All the Swedish shops I've checked still have it listed for an april 6th release.

Her store is sold out.
    What a mess.

13. What's the difference between the jewel case and cardboard mess versions?

Also:

I'm A Ruin
    Gold
    Weeds
    Can't Pin Me Down
    Blue
    Forget
    Froot
    Immortal
    Happy
    Savages
    Better Than That
    Solitaire

14. I ordered it from Amazon, and I'm a prime member. I pre-ordered last year! and then I also bought the link you posted in the hope one would come. No despatch notices on either just delays....

[​IMG]

15. I thought it would of been higher then #4 because of pre orders, physical copies and being in the top 2 on ITunes. Is streaming now added to the album charts? #4 is still very good though.

16. Yes.

17. Considering how much must have already been spent on videos, I can't see the label being happy with that.

She might as well be invisible though. Where is the promo? How is the public expected to know she's got an album out? Has she performed on TV even once?

18. I think she'll be hitting the top 15 worldwide, so overall, I think the label will be quite happy as collectively it'll be a lot of sales.

She's sold 6.2k as of yesterday (just a bit high than Kelly Clarkson's album that made it to #6). A decent start but since she has no airplay it'll be VERY front-loaded.

If Marina can make 10k+ on Sunday that'll be okay.

19. Better Than That
    Savages
    Blue
    Froot
    Forget
    Immortal
    Solitaire
    Weeds
    I'm A Ruin
    Happy
    Can't Pin Me Down

666. Gold

20. Is that "lyric book" official? So ugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.