Marina & The Diamonds - Froot | Page 359 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina & The Diamonds - Froot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froot can get fucked. Wasn't even an amazing album and she still didn't come to Australia despite promising she would.

2. Well I'm pretty sure that song is quite out of her hands and really up to Clean Bandit. Ideally they would have released it while Marina was still active because it fit her FROOT era pretty well too, so it's chances of being a lead single have diminished greatly.

Maybe it'll be a godsend in the middle of the Marina drought we're about to enter (and maybe some stuff will magically leak).

It better be released after all this time though. People are still spamming Clean Bandit on Twitter about it. I'm disappointed enough as it is that the Little Mix collab went nowhere.

But yes I hope Marina finds a way to transcend this "mature" mind set she's locked into and begin something legendary (where do you really go from "mature" that isn't "boring"?)

3. Something more adventurous would be appreciated for the next album.

Chris_P likes this.
  4. The video for Power & Control is perfection.

That's all.

John1983 and Raichu like this.
  5. I hope once she starts writing her new album she won't say or reveal anything until releasing it and then randomly drops her album out of nowhere. It would be such a pleasant surprise. I expect it to happen in 2018.

6. FROOT was amazing. Definitely her best album.

7. @Noir, can you change the thread title to 'Marina & the Diamonds - General Discussion' please? 'General Marina' is giving me military teas.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  8. You never know with her new career teas.

9. It seems so unfair that she can't make a huge success of her music career when she has real talent and drive. I wish she could get played on the radio, appear on television, and be everywhere. But I suppose she doesn't really make that sort of music.

10. This is the answer to it.. Her most viewed music videos (as well as most streamed songs) are Primadonna and How to Be A Heartbreaker which clearly shows what kind of music gets public attention.

I'm happy about it. She is indie after all and alternative radio stations actually know and play her so I don't see the problem. Her music is too genius to be played in mainstream radios. Marina will go to history as an unique artist, just like Björk or Enya. She basically has invented a new music style through years. At least for me.

Jacques likes this.
  11. Sure.

Island and IMHO like this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

General Marina is such a kii. I'm glad Marina's taking a break, though. I'm sure we'll get something special the next time she plans on releasing music.

13. Marina is going full "anonymous"...

Marina's new profile pic on Facebook:

[​IMG]

And her new profile pic on Instagram:

[​IMG]

14. Yes! Yes! and Yes! It is by far her best set of visuals.

15. I think so too. I love how delicate a lot of its is. That sort of crystalline atmosphere in Solitaire takes me places.

At this point the only song that doesn't do anything for me is "Better Than That."

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  16. It only took 4 years and a change in the certification process but:
    https://www.bpi.co.uk/certified-awards.aspx

Congratulations Marina!

Mr.Arroz, Square, TiffanyNoir and 3 others like this.
  17. She'll always have this.

18. *plays Bubblegum Bitch to celebrate *

Square, Jacques, Island and 2 others like this.
  19. Please stream FROOT on Spotify for Marina's sake!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
    Island likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.