Marina & The Diamonds - Froot | Page 363 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina & The Diamonds - Froot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, I think she's just joking around.

2. Listening to FROOT.... I still can't see what all the fuss is about.

3. If Happy hasn't ruined you and you're not an emotional mess then just stop trying.

4. I'm A Ruin, Blue, (and personally Immortal) are the Holy Trinity of life though.

Jwentz likes this.
  5. It does nothing for me haha... I want to love this album so bad because I feel like I should but it's just not for me.

6. Her most coherent album is definitely Electra Heart, go get your life to that and see if anything changes!

7. I still saddens me that I don't love Froot. The title track, Happy and (to a lesser extent) I'm A Ruin, are great, but everything else leaves me cold.

SyPOPhantic likes this.
  8. I loved Primadonna

munro likes this.
  9. FROOT is the the best smelling album of all time.

Island likes this.
  10. I was listening to FROOT this morning and admiring how she put 'Everybody dies, dies' into a chorus. I love her cynical side. I hope it won't be ages until we hear something new from her.

Lander, Mr.Arroz, Jacques and 8 others like this.
  11. I've downloaded Electra Heart to give a listen tomorrow, hopefully I'll enjoy that one.

12. Katy Perry's Teenage Dream says hello

ALEX likes this.
  13. I didn't adore the album when it first came out, but now I do love it. I still want her to go completely back to TFJ style though.

14. Froot, Better Than That/Savages and Immortal is mine.

Deleted member 3416 and DJHazey like this.
  15. 'Happy' absolutely DESTROYS me. Every fucking time. It speaks to me on a very personal level. I don't expect y'all to understand it.

He, Island, Jwentz and 1 other person like this.
  16. This whole album is soooo special to me, I think its really one of those perfect little gems that I always revisit when I need to feel.
    I am already perched for her to come back to us, I understand it will be awhile though.

@DJHazey Holy Trinity twinsies!

DJHazey likes this.
  17. I probably listened to this album 6 to 7 days a week since it came out. side note: i nearly always start playing it at track 2. Happy is the only song i don't like that much. It's not a bad song at all though, just never crave it or have the patience to ever finish it. So when i do rarely listen to it, again i skip to track 2 after awhile. The album is flawless after that.

my holy trinity:

Immortal
    Weeds
    Blue

18. Of Marina's 3 albums it's probably my least favourite but it's still a solid 8/10.

19. Mine would be I'm A Ruin, Savages and Immortal/Better Than That.

sugarcoma and DJHazey like this.
  20. Happy, I'm a Ruin and Forget. It took awhile for the last one to really hit me but the final minute is really something special.

Edit: Gold, Blue, Immortal and the title track are all 11s tooooooo!!!1!

Chris_P likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.