Marina & The Diamonds - Froot | Page 366 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina & The Diamonds - Froot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And the Primadonna video destroys that masquerade. I think that video is one of the saddest she has made. It can all be summed up when she is sitting in the car.
    [​IMG]

2. Marina is such a gem.

3. I actually taught a unit on Marina to undergraduate college students (in an English lit/writing class) and we spent a lot of time discussing that part of the video.

Jacques, dieLife and Island like this.
  4. a delusional friend of mine came up with some greek mythology story and how she was running away from the illuminati

Aag and dieLife like this.
  5. She really gets pop music, y'know? And I love how her records all represent exactly who she was at that time, she's always had strong principles and they're evident in her songs. Admittedly, I don't listen to her anywhere near as much as I used to, but I still adore her & her discography and she'll always have a special place in my heart. As much as I loathe this phrase, "she was there for me when nobody else was" and her music has often provided the backdrop to some of my hardest & darkest moments of life. She has never held back, she has always been honest and her songs are always so raw. Marina is a one-of-a-kind soul and I wish her the best in her future endeavours, whether that be through music, acting or another route.

6. I really want to believe all of the 'illuminati' stuff about Marina but I'm pretty sure the Illuminati actually makes you popular so it's probably not true.
    http://mediaexposed.tumblr.com/post/8858064816/77

Island likes this.
  7. Savage.

Petty Mayonnaise, LPT, Lander and 4 others like this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

9. Great post. Marina's the popstar I stan for the second most (after Madonna). I personally don't think any current popstar holds a candle to her. She just ticks all the boxes for me: incredible songs, two incredible albums, gorgeous voice, intelligent lyricism, great videos, sonic diversity, and she overflows with creativity and charisma. Except for commercial success (which I give zero fucks about considering that Meagan Trainor's rancid music was smashing), she has everything going for her.

10. Marina is the only 'popstar' I legitimately stan for. I put popstar in quotations because the general public is not here for her but she is a natural star. Even her interviews are worth watching because she is witty, cute, intelligent, or funny in every single one of them. And very few 'popstars' accomplish that.

Raichu likes this.
  11. Do people actually believe the Illuminati thing? Or is it just one big joke?

dieLife likes this.
  12. This. I still remember the moment that I had the epiphany that I had to choose to be 'happy'. I was never going to feel that way naturally but I didn't have to choose to feel sad about it. 'Happy' is a state of mind. And I've never heard a song address that until Marina.

13. [​IMG]

This is the internet so there are probably some people that believe in it. I love that the queen actually mentioned it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Island and Jwentz like this.
  14. Marina was the first pop star that I was truly encapsulated by, aside from Britney. I'll never forget the first time I listened saw Hollywood on TV and was hooked evermore.

dieLife likes this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Wasn't this your avatar back in the day, @IMHO?

IMHO likes this.
  16. I do love how much Marina has progressed as an artist but fetus Merna still gives me life:

Leopold likes this.
  17. Ha!!! I've never thought about this before, but I know exactly what you mean. I think you may have ruined this song for me for life...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
    spiceinvaders likes this.
  18. all this marina praise makes me happy

19. I wish she didn't hate being a popstar.

20. Don't worry. This is Marina and the Diamonds. She probably changes her mind about it at least twice a day.

4Roses, strangekin, PEARL and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.