Marina & the Diamonds - General Discussion | Page 416 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina & the Diamonds - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Jun 28, 2014.

1. & the Diamonds...

[​IMG]

ALEX, Maki, Lupita and 14 others like this.

2. Ballad! Not a fan of the title.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  3. What’s wrong with the title?

4. Can't see what's meant to be wrong with the title either, and the lyrics just from that clip make it pretty obvious the song is about seeking solitude because it's preferable to putting on an act in front of others.

Love + Fear and some of Marina's social media output has deserved the draggings but at times some of it does feel a bit 'look at that bitch eating crackers'.

Joli Chat, jvckkk, collxtion and 2 others like this.
  5. The snippet sounds great to me, but the title doesn’t do it justice whatsoever. It’s very “adjective + noun that purposefully doesn’t fit with said adjective”, Maybe I just don’t like the word “loner”, lol.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  6. Did you... even listen to the lyrics? Good grief.

Pineapple likes this.
  7. Yes, and the title still looks like a high schooler’s poetry submission. Sorry, but I genuinely dislike it! I’ll shift a few letters and pretend it’s called “Happy Alone”.

8. "Happy Loner" gives me Electra Heart ("Teen Idle") teas and I'm here for that.

Can I also point out that "Radioactive" turned eight this year? What the fuck?!

ALEX, Maki, Joli Chat and 5 others like this.
  9. You do you I guess!

10. I hear a piano and I'm immediately thinking Family Jewels.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  11. The snippet sounds nice and everything but that key and melody is very

12. I also got some Family Jewels vibes and I would love that

Maki, Mikal, Marquis and 1 other person like this.
  13. Cautiously optimistic but a little worried after the last album.... but boy i sure loved "Enjoy Your Life"

Mikal likes this.
  14. Since I didn't see a general discussion thread....I listened to entire Marina discography on shuffle yesterday and turns out the Love + Fear songs are individually fine but for some reason it's one giant chore to listen to in one go?

Pinky25 likes this.
  15. People do way too much over Love + Fear. Yeah it's her worst album, mostly because it lacks her distinctive style, but it's still a nice listen.

mattieh, soratami, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  16. I think she just ruined it for us with the way she promoted it (apart from the few lines that people have pointed out as actually problematic). It painted her in a very negative light and left a bad aftertaste. I still feel discouraged from getting excited about what's coming next... But I'm definitely here to check it out!

He and Lupita like this.
  17. Yeah it's nice in little bursts.

18. I'm still surprised her brain sputtered out the whole OoOOooOOOrange thing and thought it deserved to be put in a song.

But I'm here for whatever she brings cause nostalgia is a binch and she's still the artist that soundtracked half of last decade ñññ

sesita, hallkyon, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  19. It's crazy to see songs like Bubblegum Bitch and Teen Idle have over 70 million streams?! Lies has over 50 million as well. Electra Heart was really giving the give, huh.

RUNAWAY, He, Runawaywithme and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.