Mark Owen - The Art of Doing Nothing (4th Solo Album) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Mark Owen - The Art of Doing Nothing (4th Solo Album)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marie_05, Mar 8, 2013.

1. After a couple of listens to Magic I’m reaaaally loving it. It comes as a bit of a surprise as I wasn’t expecting to like to so much - I’d only previously seen/heard live snippets of the song from the summer festivals which left me feeling a bit meh.

This is seriously good though and I’m so excited for the new album. I mean, I was already tbh but even more so now. This song would be massive if released by someone more “cool”.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    bonnieetclyde likes this.
  2. I can't get over how good 'Magic' is, I have it on repeat. Is there a thread for his new album?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    bonnieetclyde and paullypaul like this.
  3. no, I think this is it!

4. No, this is the only thread. @marie_05 might want to update the thread name perhaps?

5. Apparently number 2 in midweeks. Absolutely amazing! And a few HMV signings to come this week, although not sure if those sales are already included (you had to order online first to reserve a place).

the album itself is great. I’ll be honest tho, it took me a couple of listens to get into it properly but that’s not uncommon for me. Was still a relief to find the songs growing on me though!

Superpower is an odd choice for the opener - I like it, and it’s not as if it’s beyond marks usual quirkiness - but it’s not what I was expecting to hear at track number 1.

as for the other new tracks - Being Human stood out immediately, and Boy is also really strong. Come back is a grower and worth a listen just for his daughters vocals near the end. Superb voice.

can’t believe what a resounding success this era is shaping up to be (even if it does disappear off the charts on week 2). Land of Dreams is album of the week on Radio 2 and they still have the superb Magic on their A playlist. Mark must be absolutely made up with the way things are going right now.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  6. https://forum.popjustice.com/threads/mark-owen-land-of-dreams-now-signed-to-bmg.74131/

paullypaul likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.