Mary J. Blige - My Life II: The Journey Continues | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Mary J. Blige - My Life II: The Journey Continues

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Crayons, Aug 28, 2011.

1. The second part to this album is coming out next month!! I still listen to this one all the time so too excited!!

2. Why not? She's with David Beckham, Jay Leno and Salma Hayek. She's in good company. And the ad is funny as hell.

3. Well Cathal will be happy to know that the ad has been pulled from circulation. Burger King have removed it from their YouTube, and have been watching the net for anymore uploads.

4. I just don't get why there's negative backlash? Is it the whole singing about chicken/lettuce/three cheeses/tortila with so much conviction? Or is it the use of 'Don't Mind' instrumental for the ad? Or is it because she's black and she's crooning about crispy chicken? I genuinely thought it was just a funny ad.

5. For me, it's the use of the Don't Mind instrumental that I have a problem with, it used to be one of my favorites and now all I hear when I listen to it is that crispy chicken song. And the fact she sounds shrill and awful in that tacky ass advert. I'm glad it's been pulled.

6. WHY did she agree to it though? Surely sales of My Life II weren't that bad.

7. Anyone know where I can watch it? Looked all over Youtube, can't find it ANYWHERE!

8. Thanks! That's what the fuss is about?! Ridiculous...

I doubt it, where did you hear this? We'd have a tracklisting and info by now. I fear it's been quietly cancelled.

9. That advert is amazing. I am so glad when artists don't take themselves too seriously - especially in this case as Mary has been notoriously po-faced earlier in her career.

10. It's my favourite song from her in ages!

Crispy chicken, fresh lettuce, three cheeses, french dressing
    Wrapped up in a tassssty flour tortilla
    Crispyyy chickeeeen
    Wrapped up in aaaa~

You can't put a price on the talented songwriters who made that.

11. The song is fantastic! I've never heard anyone sing about chicken with so much emotions!

People seem to forget that this woman did a song called Kitchen only two years ago.

12. The Burger King advert is amazing.

WUZZZINDANEW CHICKEN WRAPS?!

13. I love how aggressive she is. You can almost feel the regret from the man asking the question.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I love it too. And I don't find it offensive in the least.

15. It feels like this album campaign had been finished around Christmas when the album came out.
    They chose the wrong singles, this could have been bigger. And this comes from someone whose first Mary J. Blige album was this. Now she's doing a Burger King ad instead of just releasing Ain't Nobody.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.