Matt Wertz | The Popjustice Forum

Matt Wertz

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by londonrain, Oct 21, 2016.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Matt Wertz is an American singer-songwriter who has been kicking around for a while now and has suddenly decided to shift into electropop.

He just posted this video yesterday - it's a live performance of "Lemonade", from his current album Gun Shy.

This is what he used to sound like in 2003 when he first started out (much more in the vein of the Ryan Cabrera/Tyler Hilton sound that was in fashion at the time):

I like both, but I'm glad he updated his sound - in 2016 "Lemonade" sounds a lot more relevant.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. I came across 'Unexpected Love' earlier this year and thought it was quite good.

londonrain likes this.
  3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It's a pretty solid album. Quite summery, but I can see how it would put off a certain set of fans of his old style - he's changed pretty dramatically.

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

He's just uploaded this new live performance of "Easy Things Hard", which is one of the better tracks on the current album:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.