Max Martin - General Discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Max Martin - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Seinabo's performance justified everything though.

2014 likes this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Any idea what was going on with his daughter? She looked miserable all night, then got emotional during thát Show Me Love performance??

3. The facial expressions Robyn made in response to that 'performance' of Show Me Love are among the three best things she has done since 2011.

4. This should've been the world premiere of the first live performance of Your Body EVER.

Jwentz, Poker Pro, Hunterpoop and 3 others like this.
  5. It's kind of an iconic full circle moment when you consider Bjork's face when Robyn performed Hyperballad for her.

[​IMG]

6. I love Max. I don't know what I'd do without him.

7. Her eyes say "I approve of this performance."

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  8. Imagine if his daughter decides to become a pop artist. 18 years of mentoring from Max Martin. Our scalps will never be ready.

Edit: ok singing lessons obviously weren't on the agenda, but that's fine she can work on it

MrJames and Noir like this.
  9. Seinabo really saved the day. Everything else was a complete mess.

10. Island

Island Staff Member

His daughter sounds like a flat Zara Larsson. It could be fixed if she decides to be a pop star.

11. King

TRAVVV and Noir like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I don't think I've ever been able to get as good a playlist on Spotify as since I just hit 'base radio station on 'Max Martin - Complete Discography'.
    The first song was Liberty X's Just A Little which isn't even by him, but overall it seems to just be one bit of greatness after another.

Island likes this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

That's so random. 'Just a Little' is such a bop though.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I assume Spotify isn't quite clever enough to be aware what all those songs had in common.

Island likes this.
  15. I sooo wanna trim his beard and cut his hair!

16. I'm just gonna turn this thread into General Max Martin Discussion if that's cool.

Interesting little piece posted on Pitchfork today: http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1455-know-how-the-pop-music-sausage-gets-made-keep-it-to-yourself/

Although it always kills me when writers who obviously aren't fully dedicated to writing about pop do it. Like:

"From Kelly Clarkson’s “Since U Been Gone” to Kesha’s “Blow” to Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off,” Martin is someone whose songs are ingrained in the fiber of pop but whose personality is, purposefully, not."

Blow?! Of all the songs he's in a hand in, Blow? It's more Dr Luke sounding than Max anyways but Nn.

17. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Around what year did we realize that Max was a super producer/human? 2004 with Kelly? It was either then or when he single handedly revived P!nk's career.

Rob and Noir like this.
  18. 1998, or rather the creation of ...Baby more time.

19. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Teebs if we're gonna go that early in his career it's "Show Me Love".

Jwentz, LPT, MarlonBrando86 and 4 others like this.
  20. How this one man seamlessly chronicled the last 20 years of my life never ceases to amaze me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.