May 2019 PJ Charts: Is this too, is this too, is this too much? | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

May 2019 PJ Charts: Is this too, is this too, is this too much?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 16, 2019.

1. Somehow the ending comma just MAKES this post.

2. Side note, if they were going to give us a problematic gyal, it's kind of a shame they used Ariana and John for Beauty and the Beast, because they'd actually be PERFECT for A Whole New World.

3. There's a version with Spaniard singer Aitana which I automatically veto because we're not voting for Spaniards! We enabled Rosalía and she's running around calling herself Latina!!!!

But there's supposed to be a Brazilian version with the female vocalist of band Melim.

I resent this because Zayn is good in the track! The problem is everybody they chose to pair him with.

ohnostalgia and VivaForever like this.
  4. I was worried at first, but it totally lives up to EMOTION! It's not the same type of album, it feels a bit more mature/confident, if that makes sense? It almost feels like a lost Kylie album.

A pitch: have Ariana and John do the pop single for every Disney remake.

5. oh my god.

GimmeWork and CorgiCorgiCorgi like this.
  6. Zayn IS good. But John Legend? Would have been perfection.

londonrain likes this.
  7. I have listened to Dedicated an absurd amount of times today. I think I either blacked-out from euphoria or ascended at some point. It's a coin-flip. All I know is that when I came to I had racked up like 70 scrobbles or something. I need to live with it some more before I start preparing my over-the-top proclamations about it, but its really good.

Today was a new music Friday, for me.

8. So is 'Church' going for a third shot at top 5? It's that or we pick a new album track for our 10's let's get it together.

Otherwise I will have more room for Nadine Mutya Keisha Siobhan.

FYC

Everyone should love a bit of chilled synthwave pop so please listen to Froyo

As for Eurovision, these bunnyears have been amazing for months

9. Wait, THIS Aitana?!

10. I haven't voted for a couple of months, but I'm definitely going to participate this month. Especially because I want to promote this release from March:

It's easily my favourite album of the year.

11. This is great and full of bops.

OspreyQueen and ohnostalgia like this.
  12. @ohnostalgia for A Whole New World – could it be a case of every vote for a different version counts as just one song? So all... 483948 versions of it count as just one?

ohnostalgia likes this.
  13. Yuna, of all people, just dropped an incredible nu-disco bop:

14. Yeah why not.

15. This is such a nice way of saying "and this is the only place she might possibly have a chance if she's extremely lucky."

16. I mean does she really have a chance? There’s an album’s worth of Carly plus new Lana and Madonna. That’s already a whole lot of competition for the Top 5 and we still have two more New Music Fridays to go.

I’d say she’d be lucky to go top forty, but that’s me being nice.

17. Nope.

Lila, londonrain and ohnostalgia like this.
  18. Some songs I might be voting for:

19. @Eurohunties
    I take it we're voting for Tom Hugo's wig again?

And this bop?

Of course this?

20. and I really need to catch up on Carly now nn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.