May 2020 PJ Charts: Comeback (To Me) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

May 2020 PJ Charts: Comeback (To Me)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 14, 2020.

1. I will definately be throwing points at all of those. Probably Heartbeat too. And maybe Summer Love.

I'm perched to hear which tracks @ohnostalgia likes best?

Real Love actually fits I think better sonically with side B. Comeback kind of gives me Real Love vibes.

2. I have no idea how y’all make these decisions so fast ddd I need several listens of an album before I pick my faves.

except for maybe Cool and Levitating from Dua. Those were *instant*

3. I, intentionally, haven't listened to Side B yet, because I know when I do it will dominate my headspace. So I'm listening to some other things on my list first. (recent-ish releases & rate stuff)

That said, Side B already has my album 10 for the month. Who am I kidding?

4. Oh, I just know you're gonna love it.

vague, GimmeWork and pop3blow2 like this.
  5. OK this is been a good week for pop, eh? Foxes, Carly and now Ellie with a DECENT single.

Seriously, we can forgive her for all those trashy singles after this

6. Foxes releasing her first song in years, then Ellie releasing her first good song in years two days later, the power.mp3 that the Quirky Pop Girls rate has.

vague, Crisp X, Kuhleezi and 9 others like this.
  7. Coming up with a ballot this month is already stressing me out and I haven't even started yet.

8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I’ve only listened to Side B twice, I’m still learning the songs. No way do I have a fave yet.

vague, Ashling92, pop3blow2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

We will be voting for this, ladies. Oh yes, we will.

vague, LE0Night, Crisp X and 15 others like this.
  10. aux

aux

I hear the thunder comin' down
    Won't you rain on me?
    Eh, eh, yeah (Rain on, woo)
    I hear the thunder comin' down
    Won't you rain on me? (Me)
    Eh, eh, yeah
    RAIN. ON. ME.

[​IMG]

vague, Maki, Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  11. So this month we have new albums from Gaga, Tove, Carly, Alma, Kehlani, Charli....new EPs from Hailee and Dagny....new music from Katy Perry, Foxes, Ellie Goulding...WHEW.

Loving this obviously but wish it hadn't taken some of them so long (cough Gaga) to realise we all still really want music in a pandemic.

Crisp X, Kuhleezi, Sail On and 8 others like this.
  12. Let's not leave Ms. Frangipane out of this narrative though.

vague, Sail On, Music Is Life and 3 others like this.
  13. Huh? Do you mean Be Kind? I love it, I just wasn't really considering it a big comeback type release...also it was released really early this month ddd

Sail On and aux like this.
  14. I might have to skip the album charts this month because apart from Charli (and Keiino, I guess) I just can't muster up the energy to listen to anything new.

15. I know it's a jampacked month but this is fucking beautiful and absolutely deserves a FYC:

16. Like Dedicated, I'll likely vote for three Carly songs (gold, sliver, & bronze). I've see people's faves all over the place on here (because her talent.) I suppose us Jepsies should try to rally behind at least one specific song for a possible top 5. I'm game for whatever, so far. There are no duds here.

My three initial faves are:
    > Heartbeat
    > Now I Don't Hate California After All
    > Window

But I could certainly be persuaded for another song that might have a better chance to chart highly here (since those three are maybe a bit odd or moody. What can I say... I like weird Carly.)

vague, GimmeWork, ohnostalgia and 2 others like this.
  17. Yeah I did mean Be Kind. I hope it doesn't get too lost in the shuffle, having been released so early and with so many other releases this month.

18. People seem to be kind of lukewarm to the song but I love it and the video so I'm posting this here:

vague, berserkboi, Ashling92 and 3 others like this.
  19. Two of my PJSC artists from last year also released new music today, too.

Connie Constance: 'Monty Python'

Miraa May: 'Baby'

I mean, 20 spots on my ballot wouldn't be enough this month... so I may not have space for either myself. Thought I'd FYC them both. (Connie's is more of an immediate fave of the two. I love Miraa's voice, though.)

20. I'm a big fan but didn't like it much.

vague and Music Is Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.