May 2021 PJ Charts: I'm On The Next Level | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

May 2021 PJ Charts: I'm On The Next Level

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 18, 2021.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

See you tomorrow for the song charts.

2. Not even bubbling under...

3. Most of my ballot was Bubbling Under, so at least there's that! Ddd

ohnostalgia, soratami, Maki and 2 others like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I’m curious why you thought the album would chart when it was released on the 31st? I haven’t read the Kpop subforum general opinion, but her album doesn’t scream “Red Velvet stans rush to change their Kpop votes” to me. Personally, I love the album, but I am content to leave it for June. And to be honest, I wouldn’t have ever thought to vote for it here. At least with Wendy, I knew she had some support plus the album was released mid month.

Also this is the month Future Nostalgia was finally pushed off the charts and folklore barely made it. Those two albums were sitting in the twenties just last month. It was a challenging feat to make the charts even if you weren’t a Kpop soloist who released an album with jazzy Broadway musical vibes.

5. We might have been the only voters, unnie.

[​IMG]

6. I had my doubts! But so happy!
    This result is so PJ

7. Given the crazy competition I am so happy with how many of my albums charted especially the lesser known artists like Cobrah and my discoveries of the month like Rochelle! Just crushed that Natalia couldn't chart!

8. Well, the TXT album was also released on the 31st and it charted, I get the impression that doesn't matter that much given a lot of people seem to usually vote on either the last day of the month of during the extension, I figured an album by one of the members of one of the most beloved K-Pop girl groups on PJ would chart, even if low. But it's true it was a very busy month, I don't think I'd ever hard three albums I voted for (Bling Bling, JOY and Moodoïd) not even make bubbling under.

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Sinead Harnett only making Bubbling Under when I threw ten points at her… I hate it here.

(I don’t hate it here.)

ohnostalgia and berserkboi like this.
  10. I really think it's just down to the music not being exactly PJ-pleasers + people not bothering to try for it here. I sent both my ballots on the same day but I only voted for Joy in the KPJ one.

ohnostalgia, berserkboi and soratami like this.
  11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Tomorrow x Together have also charted several times since their debut, so people knew that others were likely to consider them for these charts. I keep a list of Kpop artists that are likely to chart here and another list for acts that really only have a chance on the K-Chart.

12. [​IMG]

In 2023 the Klangspress will be going all the way to #1, yes, manifesting.
    And counting Doss in the Bubblimg Umders, my entire album ballot charting? Success.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

[​IMG]
    MAY 2021 SONG CHARTS

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

20 points

[​IMG]
    LET ME GO! | THE VOLUNTEERS

@aux (10) @LE0Night (6) @ohnostalgia (4)

Let's kick the charts off with a certified banger.

And yes, the threshold to chart is 20 points. Tears may be shed.

Last Month: N/A
    Months on 2021 Charts: 1
    Total Charting Months: 1

LE0Night, evilsin, pop3blow2 and 26 others like this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

20 points

[​IMG]
    SUGAR | NATALIA GORDIENKO

@Sprockrooster (10) @saviodxl (9) @sfmartin (1)

And the Eurovision rerun begins with.... Moldova. I kept getting confusing feedback on whether the Eurovision tracks were better live or in the studio, so when possible I will post both versions.

LE0Night, evilsin, pop3blow2 and 27 others like this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

20 points

[​IMG]
    IF I COULD TELL YOU (FEAT. TAEYEON) | TAEMIN

@Trouble in Paradise (7) @ohnostalgia (6) @Oleander (5) @boombazookajoe (2)

I could not in good conscience give if i could tell you more points than Advice. But the Taemin fans here are boring and told me they wouldn't vote for Advice, so I had to give both songs points. I really do not like duplicating artists on the song charts, so thanks a lot guys.

LE0Night, evilsin, pop3blow2 and 25 others like this.
  17. Sugar is iconic (in more ways than one). It nearly made my top 10, I only cut it because I already had four other Eurovision songs in my ballot and I figured I'd give my 1/2 points to a couple of non-Eurovision ones instead.

tea, saviodxl, Maki and 2 others like this.
  18. I love the photo you chose of them ddddd.

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

(tie)
    20 points

[​IMG]
    ENOUGH FOR YOU | OLIVIA RODRIGO

@Sanctuary (8) @RUNAWAY (6) @savilizabeths (3) @ufint (3)

The Swiftie jumped out on this one.

LE0Night, evilsin, pop3blow2 and 25 others like this.
  20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    LE0Night, evilsin, pop3blow2 and 24 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.