May 2021 PJ Charts: I'm On The Next Level | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

May 2021 PJ Charts: I'm On The Next Level

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, May 18, 2021.

1. We WILL be getting Top 5 for Laura Mvula! I am planting that seed!!!!!!

2. good 4 u to number #1

3. Yes! Have planted the seed, will see the harvest, etc.

4. Excuse me, I have planted my seed in this green garden and I need all the sun water and LOVE as possible!!!

5. Yeah she's supposed to drop a new "disco pop" single called mirror on may 26th. I'm ready for sure.

6. Alright, let me do the first installment of Spanish recs. These will be recognizable artists for most of you I presume. A ton of smaller acts released new songs this past week but I need to sift through those.

The biggest release is from la Reina de las Reinas and Reina del Pop Latino, Thalía who is back with a new album, desAMORfosis and the single, Mojito. The song is a nice tropical bop so maybe this can land a Top 10 slot.

Next up is another reina mexicana and legend, Natalia Lafourcade who is back with what appears to be the next song from her second volume of Un Canto Por México, Tú sí sabes quererme, a new version of a song she has recorded previously. If you loved Mon's album from last month you will love Natalia's song as she is also focusing on Regional Mexican music, the Son Jarocho specifically. The song features Mare Advertencia Lirika, an indigenous Zapotecan rapper who fights for women's rights and social activism as well as Ruben Blades, one of the most famous Salsa singers ever who is also known as El poeta de la salsa or El intelectual de la salsa for also touching upon important social issues throughout his career.

And Lastly, for now, reina mexicana Paty Cantú is back with two new collaborations, the first is Bailando with Spanish artist Safree.

The second is with Puerto Rican reina Raquel Sofia who has received accolades from the Latin Grammys and been featured on NPR's Tiny Desk. The song is called Apagar.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  7. HELLO (G)LADIES!!!!!!!!!
    I'm limiting myself to pushing one release per month and the Australian Broods are the ones in May!

What's up @BubblegumBoy @Tiger Suit @Untouchable Ace @Cotton Park @Music Is Death?
    Crush is very Hey Violet, Enemy and Tension are synth heaven while Dancing In The Mirror remains THE song and it should have done much better in PJSC. In short, a very solid sophomore pop effort and a step up from the debut imho.

8. Can’t believe I am the first Sugababy to be here but we are proudly taking this to the Top 10!

French recommendations will arrive shortly!

londonrain, TéléDex, Aester and 8 others like this.
  9. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Will definitely be voting for Alfie Templeman's wonderful new album. A rush of smooth, funky indie-pop that's an absolute joy from start to finish. Malevocaljustice will probably find a lot to enjoy here.

Also a big fan of PJSC winner Ingrid Witt's debut. Lovely dreamy Scandi synthpop.

And of course vote for St. Vincent's new kaleidoscope of sleaze and absurdism.

10. Can’t believe I haven’t seen 2021’s Album of the Year mentioned yet!

11. Let's get this charting this month! It's such a solid album. Enemy is probably my favourite album track.
    I'll post some FYCs at the weekend.

12. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Everyone who voted in the Kate Nash rate is now contractually obligated to vote for her new single.

13. This is right under St Vincent in my to listen to list! I’m positive it’ll be on my ballot! Happy to rally around a song as well!

14. Ms FKA & the Diamonds kinda snapped on this one and actually deserves top 5 this time I think.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

*sponsored content*

For those of you interested in exploring the TWICE discography, @aux opened their rate. I don’t even check the Kpop subforum every day, so I thought I’d give a heads up and help promo a faithful chart voter.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Also I didn’t realize Sarah’s album was out. I would’ve added her to my initial FYCs!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.