McDonald's | The Popjustice Forum

McDonald's

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blob, Aug 8, 2011.

1. McChat about the famous fast food brand.

Oh I'm witty.

2. Re: McDonalds

And here we go...

Does anyone remember the transforming dinosaur toys? I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid (thanks to Jurassic Park), so I absolutely loved them.

[​IMG]

My dad was the maintenance man for McDonald's when I was younger, so he used to get me all the toys. Score!

3. Re: McDonalds

The breakfast stuff is the best thing ever when you're hungover/still drunk.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  4. Re: McDonalds

I used to love McDonalds as a kid, then I grew to hate it for some reason, but now I love it again really. McRoyal Deluxe and a Oreos McFlurry = amazing.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

McOff.

Does anyone remember when the McDonalds trays had pictures of Ronald, Grimace, Mayor McCheese etc on them?

I don't remember the dinosaurs, but I do remember the robots.

[​IMG]

Amazing.

6. Re: McDonalds

Remember when there were toys based on the 101 dalmatians film? ...101 different ones? I wanted them all so much.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Re: McDonalds

Yes! I knew someone that worked there so I ended up with about 30 of them. The Christmas ones were the rarest, apparently.

8. Re: McDonalds

No, but my store used to have this mural on the wall until we got refurbished to look like a cocktail bar:

[​IMG]

9. Re: McDonalds

That's impressive. I don't remember that, but I remember the Mr Men and Little Miss ones. There were 40.

10. Re: McDonalds

Here's Grimace...

11. Re: McDonalds

This is an odd (& mispunctuated!) thread and now I want a McFlurry quite terribly. Thanks, PJ.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Mine had a massive tiled picture of McDonaldland and they tore it down to make everything generic and orange / green / pukey khaki

13. Re: McDonalds

Worst job ever. Really soul destroying.

14. Re: McDonalds

SHIT! Do I need an apostrophe before the s? I did have one, but then thought it didn't need one.

Oh piss.

15. Re: McDonalds

Yep.

I really want that McFlurry now - it's more or less the only thing I let myself eat from there and if I got them as often as I wanted I'd be the size of a small house. Tank de lawd I don't love near enough one to just go and get it. Let's chalk it up to a victory of willpower.

16. Re: McDonalds

I ended up with about 8 or 9 different dalmatians I think.

The McD I usually got a huge makeover less than a year ago, now it has a very lounge-y feel to it, with lots of couches and stuff, and also a big open air area. It's all very classy.

17. LJB

LJB

I have such a bittersweet relationship with it.

The nature of the work is soul destroying, yes. But the team environment is nice - most of my friends are through work. It's also good job security - I've been able to keep my job whilst I'm away in London, working back in the summer.

18. Oh ours got that treatment! They have some really nice spiny green chairs I want for my uni room.

19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

My first real job after paperboy.

Never a-fucking-gain!

I'd rather play chess with Amelle! (And suffer her nervous banter!)

20. I have about 3 realllly close friends who work there and the rest are snakes in the grass. And there are only about 3 or the managers who are nice/approachable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.