McFly - Young Dumb Thrills | The Popjustice Forum

McFly - Young Dumb Thrills

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by D.Jay, Mar 9, 2012.

1. So the boys are currently on tour with album number 6 almost complete. It is said to have an Autumn release alongside with the release of their autobiographical book.

The boys have premiered 3 brand new tracks on tour, that are more mature and have a similar sound to Radio:ACTIVE.

Touch The Rain (Very Coldplay sounding, would be a great single): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjmIRtN7pUY
    Red (Similar to Corrupted mixed with Party Girl): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyoVSgE4ejw
    Do What You Want (Apparently written about Frankie): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1GRAQU2WuX4

Sounds really great, I sense another great album and with none of this free album business, it should chart better this time!

2. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

More nude photo shoots please. Especially of Harry.

3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

This should do well, especially off the back of Harry and Dougie's successes on Strictly/I'm A Celeb.

4. I've said it a lot on her over the years but Mcfly are one of the most under rated bands that are currently going in the UK. Their albums are never fillers, they write, play and perform all their stuff. Most of my favourite tracks of theirs are album tracks, Walk In The Sun, Bubble Wrap etc.

I can't wait for their new stuff.

5. They were my "boyband" as a teenager but I'm pleased they're slowly but surely managing to shake this off and grow as their fans are. Radioactive is my favourite album, but Above the Noise is a close second. Looking forward to seeing them on tour next month.

6. I completely whole-heartily agree with this! I have been a dedicated fan since 2004, and they haven't been appreciated since they won the Brit in 2005! Almost 7 years later, they are suddenly getting the general public listening again, but I will be incredibly annoyed if this album is not nominated for anything. As you said there is never any fillers and the album tracks beat the singles half the time!

7. I wouldn't listen to their music if hell became the prime location for the next ice age, but I've always had a sneaking admiration for McFly. They've been through so much, their story is very interesting, they've gone through the most remarkable journey. You realise how far they've come when you consider that they started off on a major label, left it after the obligatory hits package, gave an album away in a national newspaper, set up their own label, then resigned to a major. They seem remarkably unspoiled by it all.

8. The lads have been tweeting for some months about working on their 6th studio album, and now it looks like it won't be long until we hear the first single.

One of the latest tweets from Dougie:
    McFly don't seem to have had any attention on this forum recently!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

About bloody time.

10. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

I loved their last album, Above The Noise. I hope they work with Dallas Austin again.

11. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

Above the Noise had some great tracks but overall was probably their worst album for me. If you read their book it's also very clear that the boys themselves weren't keen on it in hindsight. I'm hoping this album will be more like Radio:active, although that opinion will probably make me unpopular around these parts! Really glad things are happening, though.

12. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

From reading their book they definitely won't be working with him as how they seemed to think it was such a big mistake.

13. Onions

Onions Guest

Re: McFly - 6th studio album

I have a feeling that McFly have become a group in which lots of people are here for them, but not many people at all are here for their music.

14. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

Make another Lies please boys.

15. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Re: McFly - 6th studio album

They're one of those groups you just assume split up ages ago, like Busted, and you're then surprised to find they're still going, like Hanson.

16. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

They're pretty great, but they do need to fuck off tweeting about what their respective cats have done on any given day, and get on with it. Above The Noise was 3 years ago now.

17. Re: McFly - 6th studio album

Yes, I too am hoping it'll be more like Radio:Active than Above The Noise!

18. They need to get Marina & The Diamonds to executive produce and A&R their album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.