MDNA | Page 260 | The Popjustice Forum

MDNA

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think I like Girls Gone Wild, from the clip.

2. I hope we get lots of singles & if the nicki collabo is hot it should be a single as well.

3. Is there another Nicki song?

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

They've said she appears on more tracks. We'll just have to wait and see if they weren't referring to remixes when they said that though.

5. yep martin solveig confirmed that nicki & m.i.a is featured more than once on the new madonna album.

m.i.a is featured on "birthday song" but nicki is still uknown.

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I prefer the clip of Girls Gone Wild over Turn Up The Radio, so I'm okay with the decision. I assume Turn Up The Radio will be the third single though.

7. I agree. It sounds atrocious. Like some anonymous, cheap, generic, dance drivel that you hear in the gym that goes in one ear and out the other.

8. That's what I've been hoping for, but would Cyndi lower herself? I mean "I say do it" and all, but the track is wack.

9. Am i the only one thats noticed that it sounds like "Get Together"(part 2) and that song was hot.

10. nevermind

nevermind Guest

Many songs sound like Get Together, from Music Sounds Better With You to TiK ToK.

Personally, I don't like the Girls Gone Wild snippet, but it's like a stronger Celebration.
    Turn Up The Radio seems to be quite euphoric.

11. ....seriously?

Get Together was a gorgeously understated, classy dance track.

12. It so does not.

That's like comparing Ke$ha and Carla Bruni. Yes, they're both women but one of them is a beautiful, classy, sophisticated lady while the other one is nasty, vulgar white trash.

13. Do we know how many of the tracks are Solveig and how many are Orbit's?

From the clips heard so far, I think I'm going to prefer the Orbit stuff - apart from Turn Up The Radio which is basically a cover of Hello.

This all feels messy. How did we get to where we are now? It feels regressive nevermind reductive.

14. LJB

LJB

I wish she went in the Celebration/It's So Cool direction.

This sounds like a last minute semi U-turn on account of the popularity of Guetta-esque tracks now, leading only to some kinda half-baked dance sound and a half-baked Orbit regression tacked on to try and save face. It's all very sad.

15. Just taken great steps and ordered the Deluxe Edition CD. Very exciting times.

16. It sounds absolutely horrible. Really terrible. Like a mash-up between Celebration and Revolver.

I'm counting on the album tracks on MDNA.

17. I've only listened to the Girls Gone Wild clip a few times and the melody is already stuck in my head, which is more than can be said for Give Me All Your Luvvin.

18. I actually think GGW and TUTR sound pretty great.

19. Ray

Ray

Girls Gone Wild *is* Ke$ha redux. Oh dear.
    Turn Up The Radio sounds very Stardust.

In general whatever hopes we had for Ray of Light part 2 have just been officially crashed.

20. zzzZZZzzz Confessions is brilliant only because Stuart Price is an unknown producer and "Girls Gone Wild" sounds (from the snippet) like a song from some well known / popular / hot producer.

By the way, Confessions is one of my favorites, but I can appreciate the good Guetta songs too (and there`s lots of them).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.