MDNA | Page 495 | The Popjustice Forum

MDNA

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So now a one liner joke makes her a "try hard" and a "hypocrite"? Okay.

2. nevermind

nevermind Guest

She used to get high in the early 80's, so I really don't see the issue.

3. My personal issue with the comment is that she is a mother now. She presumably wouldn't be too pleased if one of her kids were doing drugs and developed a drug problem but because she's talking to a bunch of strangers at a performance its fine to exploit the drug culture to make her look 'cool'.

4. Giving the album another chance, I MAY have written it off too quickly. It's not amazing but it's not as quite dreadful as my first impression. And I really love "I'm Addicted", possibly my favourite.

5. The melody of Best Friend is lovely but I just deeply hate its production, it ruined the song.

6. I think people are a little too sensitive, and at this point to tear Madge down for making a drug reference seems a bit stupid. She's titled her album MDNA, for fuck's sake. She chants 'M-D-M-A' in one of her tracks. Making cheeky references to Mollie isn't that shocking. Hell, she made references to Ketamine during promotion for Ray of Light. She was a mother then, too.

7. This album is so so so amazing.

I can see why B-Day Song and Best Friend are on the bonus disc though.

8. nevermind

nevermind Guest

[​IMG]

Too late!

9. It would have been 'exploitation' if she started to plug her own brand of drugs afterwards, but she didn't, did she? She made one joke about what people usually say at that kind of event AND it relates to her album's name.

10. Has anyone managed to get the iTunes pre-order to download yet? I don't want to be in a for a disappointment when I get home!

11. nevermind

nevermind Guest

The Hunger Games Soundtrack is going to be the new Titanic Soundtrack.
    Ironic.

12. He's the epitome of those people who claim to be "real and tell it how it is", but just uses that as an excuse to act like a massive cunt..

She's done nothing wrong. It's just like M.I.A giving the finger all over again.

Call It Love i still haven't managed to get my pre-order to work, i've still not recieved an email but the pre-order is still there in my Account. FRUSTRATED!!!

13. I think that's shocking. I had really hoped it would all be sorted out by now!

14. I Deserve It
    I'm So Stupid
    I Don't Give A
    I'm a Sinner
    I Fucked Up
    I guess I'll Die Another Day
    I don't want an Easy Ride
    I'm Addicted
    I'll never be like Some Girls
    I'm Falling Free

15. I couldn't bear to wait any longer for my deluxe edition to arrive, so I went out and got the standard version of MDNA. I'm about to start my very first listen of it. I've tried to ignore most of the posts on this thread about the album, just so I'm not reacting to them. I'll let you all know what I think about it soon.

16. nevermind

nevermind Guest

If you don't like it, then it's all hopeless...

17. I was just thinking that If people haven't been downloading the Pre-orders (because we can't!) then the fact that the album is still number 1 is a positive sign that it's reaching the non-fan base. Amazon are doing the standard edition mp3 for £4.99 as well. Healthy sales if they manage to sort out the preorders!

18. Same here. It seems to be affecting other countries in Europe too.

19. Really, REALLY disappointed over the pre-order business. In America, you just simply download the album automatically at 00:00. I waited up until 1am for it and i'm STILL waiting.

I eventually gave up and have downloaded it illegally and will delete it when the pre-order finally comes through. Still though, it isn't the same.

Madonna should be angry at iTunes. They've disappointed and pissed off A LOT of fans today when it was meant to be a day of celebration.

20. Considering it was their biggest ever first day pre-order, they've pissed off a lot of their customers. Oops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.