MDNA | Page 534 | The Popjustice Forum

MDNA

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So MDNA is a reference to the drug MDMA?

She's so hip our Madge.

2. Y'all need a new username. Saw yours on the first page of the forum and thought there was Motor Mouf news lmfao.

Now stuck in this thread and am forced to admit ... I sort of love 'Superstar'.

3. Indeed. "Superstar" makes me cringe lyrically and sonically. It sounds like the opening music for some VH1 show in the late 90s/early 00s. At least "Soak Up the Sun" wasn't so puerile!

4. Except that Super Bowl thing... where viewership actually went UP during the half-time, from 111 million to 114 million.

5. Ray

Ray

MDNA needs remixes by MNDR and MGMT.

6. So Masterpiece stormed in at UK #68, with "Give Me All Your Luvin" rebounding to #71.

Meanwhile "Girl Gone Wild" doesn't chart at all.

*cue William Orbit remarking about the genius promo campaign*

7. Let's wait to see how the album does in the US before we write her off completely, how about that?

8. Who cares, we don't live in America (most of us)

9. Ray

Ray

Most of all, let's wait to see how it does in week 2 and further. #1 debut everywhere is nice and all, but if it then drops out of top 75 in two weeks, Interscope might not be very happy.

10. I'm not a fan of Madonna beyond two or three songs, but my boyfriend and I accidentally walked into a cruising bar in Florence the other day. Whilst married 50 year old men performed sexual tasks on each other in dark rooms, there was a stripper dancing for 4 hours solidly to this entire album on repeat and ever since, i've had 'Girl Gone Wild' stuck in my head. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but it's certainly my first memorable Madonna moment

11. If you walked in accidentally, how did you know they were dancing for 4 hours?

HMMMMM?

12. It was almost like it didn't happen, totally surreal. We ended up staying because there was no other bars close. Plus, any bar which puts out cakes as bar snacks is good in my books.

Anyway, it's made me listen to MDNA, which I never would have done otherwise, although it feels strange outside of the initial context!

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

You had cakes on a sex bar?

14. He want that cakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecakecake.

15. Ray

Ray

He doesn't even need a plate, just his face-hah.

16. Truly abysmal chart positions for the singles.

I never thought I would see the day.

Fair though.

17. Down to #5 in the UK midweeks.

18. Not bad though.

19. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

#21 by Sunday.

20. Everything in this thread was worth it for this post. I knew there was secretly a persistent image in my head of 'Girl Gone Wild' other than hot homoerotic models sucking apples and a thrusting Madge. And that is hot 50 year old married men sexually tasking each other while a stripper breaks his heels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.