Megan Thee Stallion - Good News (Debut Album - Nov 20th) | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

Megan Thee Stallion - Good News (Debut Album - Nov 20th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Apr 17, 2019.

1. The song with SZA is fire. I’ve yet to listen to the album.

2. This whole album pops severely. It's just so fun and ridiculous and joyous. I'm so happy to see Meg continuing to prosper. What's New, Do It On The Tip, Circles, Outside, Work That......just everything.

Megan and Shygirl came through.

I thought it was a sample!

Jonathan27, tea, Vasilios and 2 others like this.
  3. A solid debut but did she really have to sprinkle in "this is some hot girl shit" on most of the tracks?

4. "This is...a Missy Elliott...one-time ex-clu-sive" in every track on Under Construction teas

5. Yes!
    [​IMG]

6. X-X-X-C-X CHOLI!

7. Well it is hot girl shit so..

8. Diving in for my first listen. The Adina Howard sample/interpolation, yas!

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  9. I think Don't Rock Me To Sleep & Outside are my favourites but I need a few more listens.

Body doesn't instantly stand out massively as a track but that chorus is really infectious.

10. The only people Meg makes music for are Hot Girls and bad bitches, so if you're neither, stop listening to the album right now!
    [​IMG]

11. The album as a whole is generally really strong. I feel like the chorus for Don’t Rock Me to sleep is a little weak though. Highlights are for me are What’s New, Freaky Girls and Go Crazy on first listen.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Guardian gave this 5 stars, didn't see it posted (might have missed it). Certainly.....good news x

sesita, Bobbyrae, PopCrushed and 3 others like this.
  13. RJF

RJF

The hook for "Body" should be annoying and yet.

14. Because she’s using an instrumental from a 2005 hit.

Skip to 1:10 and realize who Megan is paying homage to.

A CLASSIC!!!!!

15. I keep playing the Body video and every single time I see Blac Chyna

[​IMG]

16. Island

Island Staff Member

Great performance but did they turn her mic off or?

17. She was definitely doing the non-choreo parts live; she did the same thing for her SNL performance.

Truce and Island like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.