Megan Thee Stallion - Good News | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Megan Thee Stallion - Good News

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Y’all, I’ve let that specific post stand, because I think it’s relevant to the discussion that occurred afterward, but please do not quote it anymore.

When I said let’s draw a line under it, I wasn’t lightly suggesting a change in direction. I meant it.

Thank you.

2. Almost all of What I Need is giving me major 'T-Boz solo album track' and I am living.
    Overall, it's a cute collection of songs, but I'm already ready for her label conflicts to be resolved (I believe this is the 4th and final project she signed the deal for) so she can release her official debut album.

She deserves that.

3. There's a lot of controversy around this project, from the quality to the reception and for the obvious reasons. In spite of all of that, I have to say that I like pretty much everything on here, and I think it works well as a holdover until her debut album comes through. Ain't Equal and Rich are THEE ones. Crying in the Car is already underrated and I think she pulled off the singing well tbh. It also made me appreciate B.I.T.C.H. for the first time because it works well in the EP.

There's probably gonna be a shit storm up ahead for her, so I hope this has the same legs Fever did.

4. After her label blocked the release of the Fever mini movie, it looks like Meg is going full steam with the Suga series

Captain Hook premieres in 7 hours:

5. I love her. I hope this shit with her label gets resolved quickly for her sake, but in the meantime this record is fantastic and I'm happy that she's getting some videos out too.

superultra, aux and nooniebao like this.
  6. Hit My Phone is amaaaaazing.

JMSinc and superultra like this.
  7. Yeah, I'm getting a hell of a lot of mileage out of this, this past week. The first half plays to all of her more ostensible strengths, in terms of sheer bravado and likeability, but the last run of tracks ('Crying in the Car' probably being my favourite overall) do a really fantastic job of rounding the whole thing out and making it feel more substantive than its running time suggests, as @Jonathan27 said.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  9. Captain Hook and Rich slap sooo hard.

10. Savage seems to be catching traction and hype thanks to TikTok !

Jamie, nooniebao and Jersey like this.
  11. It had the biggest gain on Spotify today and is up to #13 on Apple Music!

nooniebao likes this.
  12. Top 5 on US iTunes as well I smell a possible hit coming !

nooniebao likes this.
  13. Hope this is her first breakout hit. Hot Girl Summer kinda missed the peak with its timing of the music video but I think this could be it.

nooniebao likes this.
  14. If anything, Hot Girl Summer and Cash Shit gave her the exposure to make a hit like this one possible. It’s a shame with everything going on that we probably won’t get a music video.

Dijah. likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.