Meghan Trainor - Treat Myself + A Very Trainor Christmas | Page 116 | The Popjustice Forum

Meghan Trainor - Treat Myself + A Very Trainor Christmas

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, Jun 21, 2017.

1. "I dropped this shit to make you dance."

I kind of love/hate it?

2. The new songs are better than all the new material that made the ‘final’ (well 2nd) version of the album.

I’ll take the original scrapped songs, Genetics and the new songs and leave it at that.

3. I dig it musically, but I wouldn't mind her taking on some more...expansive lyrical themes.

blaze_dave likes this.
  4. It's over for you hoes!

This is gonna be her last album release ever isn't it? It has written flop all over it. Jessie J teas.

And yes I refuse to make a thread for this.

5. After the disappointment of Carrie Underwood’s Christmas album... I’ll take this!

6. There is enough trauma for everyone in 2020, without adding this to the mix

7. Just when you thought her music couldn't get any worse.

8. Between this and Carrie's Catholic Christ in Christmas album, the holidays can fuck off.

Poker Pro, Verandi and spaceship like this.
  10. Literally WHOMST asked for this?

11. Cheap cash in I guess. I mean it's for Christmas and whatnot so it wasn't going to blow up.

12. Haha, I don't like Christmas albums at all. If I didn't check Sia's back in 2017, I'm not checking this one either.

13. The fact that this has absolutely no sound coupled with the slow pan out on the image makes it even more threatening than it already is.

14. It's very Tim Burton/ something demonic is happening isn't it.

Coincidence? I think not.

Island, Staticboombox, Rob and 7 others like this.
  15. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

We don’t need another thread for the Christmas album right.

17. Surely this is just Epic's attempt at quickly (and cheaply) working through whatever album commitment they have to her? She is a guilty pleasure of mine but I don't know much about how successful any of her music has been in the past few years, I'm guessing not much. I can actually see her suiting this project.

18. dddd I would argue she's big enough to warrant this remaining M-TRAIN 3's thread and the Xmas album getting its own thread. @sexercise

sexercise likes this.
  19. Nice to Meet Ya was better than anything on Chromatica and Gaga still gets her own threads so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, I will be getting every inch of my life to this tragic cash-in if she brings a few bops. I think her level of tacky will lend itself well to a cute Christmas campaign.

20. Okay but Genetics deserved to be a Top 40 smasha.

Tchelitchew and jawow_ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.