Mel B signs record deal with EMI / General discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Mel B signs record deal with EMI / General discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DoggySwami, Apr 1, 2012.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

OH MY GOD I just watched this. Who the hell was on acid when they made this? Unfuckingbelievable.

But yes Mel B Word Up > The Original.

This deal is hilarious and a disaster and will amount to nothing but I do have a special place in my heart for Mel B as I do with all the Spices.

2. I'm sooo here for that. After years & years of recording finally she's got the push she needed. I honestly though her third album would never see the light.

I wonder if she's going to be using already recorded stuff or start again, she must have dozen of tracks ready (Scott Storch, Damon Elliott,, etc) I'm hoping for Lip Lock to be included.

3. Its funny how she is all over aussie tv. I kinda expect her new music to sound like most aussie pop artists as stan walker, ricki-lee, jessica mauboy in other words outdated dancy pop that does only well in australia.

4. Well it'll be one more territory than any other solo spice effort does well in these days anyway!

5. I never liked Mel back in the Spice Girls days but I really started to like her during the reunion. She just seemed very funny and self aware. But I don't know where that woman has gone because over the last few years I've begun to really dislike her. Between ignoring her family in favour of her creepy husband and now that horrible interview, I'm just done with her. She needs a reality check.

6. I think it's fair to say that she has always been pretty unsavoury. Yuk.

Anyway, as far as her solo career is concerned, I hope it fails miserably. She isn't particularly talented, and having a successful TV career and being a one-time member of pop's biggest girl group shouldn't be a free pass into having a record deal.

7. That video for Word Up of hers is amazing! Why did I never see that at the time??

8. I loved some of the songs on her first album:

Feels So Good
    Hotter
    Tell Me
    Hell No
    Lullaby (a bit cheesy, but still...)
    I Want You Back

+ Mel looks really good in the videos for Feels So Good and Tell Me.

9. She has posted some pictures on Twitter. She is in the UK, judging X Factor...

10. She's looking great! I'd love for her to become the proper judge but I doubt it happening.

11. So is this happening or what?
    She has so much potential.

12. She needs to get some solo stuff out off the back of X Factor this time!

13. She tweeted a pic of her in a recording studio last month, so maybe there's hope.

14. She's a member of the America's Got Talent panel this summer. She was pretty popular on Dancing with the Stars here a few years ago.

15. I love how the press release starts out with "Superstar" lol. Sounds like something a child would say.

She's on "America's Got Talent." That's why they're banking on her. She's got exposure. I say go for it.

16. Somehow it's the same with her and Geri - there are pictures showing that they do something in a recording studio but still nothing ever is going to released.

17. brave2012

brave2012 Guest

She should have had her album out in 2007 when she was cream of American trash due to the Eddie Murphy baby drama & appearing on Dancing On Ice/being photographed with Lindsay Lohan and the like.

I still don't understand why she never took advantage of all that.

18. This is so exciting, I love "pack your sh*t"

19. She should have invested in a rap career instead of a singing one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.