Melanie C - Melanie C | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Melanie C - Melanie C

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Disco Tears, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Another bop from Melanie.

Daniel L and andru like this.
  2. Love the single, love the video and it’s Easter eggs. She is really going for it this era

DaCapo, AlmostFamous, LPT and 5 others like this.
  3. Sporty really is snapping this year. Great track, love the lower harmony on the chorus.

DaCapo, nbtsa, AlmostFamous and 6 others like this.
  4. I haven’t really cared about her music since her debut solo album, but the recent songs have been so surprisingly good. ’Blame It On Me’ has a nice and mellow production, she sounds as amazing as always vocally and the melodies are really strong. The song isn’t revolutionary but it is a piece of really well made pop.

Daniel L, Mr_Matt and Coolrockgirl like this.
  5. Wow! I really love it! I think I like it better than Who I Am!

Mr_Matt likes this.
  6. I'm liking this, better than what I was expecting.

7. I love the song and music video. Miss Chisholm is not playing around this era. I can't wait for the album.

8. Woah, get on The Sea my friend.

shuper007, Sideout, saviodxl and 4 others like this.
  9. "Blame It On Me" is great. A bit on the basic side, and I still have to get used to Melanie C doing this modern pop sound, but I really like the song. The production is really good, and the pre-chorus is my favourite part.
    Oh, and the video is very cute.

However, I prefer "Who I Am", which suits her better, in my opinion.

Txetxu likes this.
  10. Both videos from this era have been disappointing for me. Like they have good ideas but the execution is poor and just look low budget (which I assume they are).

I hope for the next one she works with someone else (this is their 3rd video together).

Stopremix and Untitledjp like this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

It's a cute song! It's a little dated but she sounds great on it.

I can definitely imagine Louise singing it.

Maki and Mr_Matt like this.
  12. I agree, but I'm glad she's finally experimenting with her sound again.
    I love the video! Of course it's not high budget, but it is well-executed, the references are cute, and it's so fun to see her playing with her own character.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    dipitybix, andru, nbtsa and 2 others like this.
  13. This is such a quality tune! It's fresh, super modern, euphoric sounding, but still has that distinctive Melanie C touch.

Melanie is absolutely killing it this era. She manages to surprise me time & time again. She is going from strength to strength with each release. She is simply on a roll! The songs, the artwork, the music videos, the creativity - everything is on point. She is not afraid to take risks, to evolve and to reinvent herself.

This is her Confessions on a Dance Floor era. She came to slay!

LPT, wodny, Imagineitwasus and 7 others like this.
  14. Not really a fan of her music bar Northern star and a handful of other singles, but this really is a good fun tune. Also this is a pretty awesome video too, love the spice references. Like someone else mentioned, good idea, but could’ve been better, I guess when you have a budget there’s only so much you can do, but overall it’s fun and quite clever.

15. Only liked me when I'm weak

The melody progression on that line is heaven.

DoggySwami and BrokenHearts like this.
  16. This is my second fav from the singles. This album should be good.

Vitamin likes this.
  17. I haven't really been here for Melanie C's solo work for a while, but I'm looking forward to this album. You can tell she's been inspired by certain artists this time.

18. I love all the references to her back catalogue in the fighting moves in the video. Even My Strongest Suit gets a mention ha.

19. All the Spice references seem a bit on the nose considering her love/hate history with the ghost of the group and Sporty constantly referenced in her solo career but she seems to have finally accepted she can be both and people still love her.
    Nice to here her embracing pop/dance again this era but I'd love some more flavors thrown into the mix.

nbtsa likes this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The chorus lets it down but it's miles better than Who I Am. Also that video....Chromatica wishes1!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.