Melanie C - (Self-titled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was so good last night, preferred it to her last tour but I would've swapped out a couple of the new album tracks for Anymore or Numb. She was on top form and I particularly enjoyed "I've had a spray tan and I fucking stink of biscuits, I'm making myself sick".
Also the moment when Overload goes poppers o'clock is euphoric.

She was so good last night, preferred it to her last tour but I would've swapped out a couple of the new album tracks for Anymore or Numb. She was on top form and I particularly enjoyed "I've had a spray tan and I fucking stink of biscuits, I'm making myself sick".
Also the moment when Overload goes poppers o'clock is euphoric.

I've found post covid so many people at concerts have no idea how to behave or enjoy the moment anymore, but the audience last night was great. Everyone seemed there to have fun, knew all the songs and no attitude. Good old northerners!

Just going to echo the comments about Melanie being absolutely amazing last night.

She is the only artist I've seen live (apart from Neneh Cherry) who performs the whole of the new album, a few from her first and then nothing from any of her other albums. It's the oddest setlist. But I will say that the last album lends itself to a live setting more than Versions of Me so I much preferred this tour round. It was just an excellent night!

I was thinking she might do a 25th anniversary tour in 2024 but rather than do a full career retrospective she'll probably perform all of Northern Star plus a few other tracks.

Make this happen please Joe (her manager and partner) was sweet of her to thank him along with her recognising what a fucking LEGEND she actually is. Dedicating Northern Star the song to herself was also a really lovely moment I thought.

I was thinking she might do a 25th anniversary tour in 2024 but rather than do a full career retrospective she'll probably perform all of Northern Star plus a few other tracks.

I was actually thinking this would be the perfect time to release a Greatest Hits if she wants to continue touring the last album a bit more before moving on to a different era, but a Northern Star tour (+vinyl) would also make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.