Melanie C - (Self-titled) | Page 138 | The Popjustice Forum

Melanie C - (Self-titled)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music City Queen, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Wow, what a lovely surprise. Sadler’s Wells is such a prestigious venue! I will try to go, I’ve been meaning to come attend a show there for a long time. I love Merce Cunningham's company work so I'm very excited to see Jules Cunningham involved in the project. So inspiring to witness Mel navigating through all these different spectrums of creativity, our girl sure likes to take up a challenge!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  2. My copy of self titled should be here tomorrow. It's taken a trip to France for some reason even though I live in Scotland. I hate how my CDs are more well travelled than I am.
    High Heels not being on the album in it's original form is SO criminal. One of my favourites right now.

3. Looking fantastic

4. The Lady is a Vamp!

Rafa_el likes this.
  5. LPT, W2K, Wishlight and 7 others like this.
  6. Moreso this but yes.

[​IMG]

7. She radiates beauty. Stunning woman.

My CD came today, not a huge fan of the bulky cardboard box but still, nice to have Self Love finally.
    Also nabbed This Time, which I am looking forward to as I adore Carolyna,
    The album cover is lovely, but I much prefer the one for the single of This Time.
    [​IMG]
    The bold fringe was epic and I love how striking her eyes are.

freeheadmess, Rafa_el and Mvnl like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I always found the This Time (album) cover to look a bit budgetty. Something about the fonts and that color green I think

9. The placement of the text bothers me so much. There is a large space in the upper left with nothing going on.
    The artist in me needs it moved to please me.
    It looks much nicer in the white and orange of the single cover. The font itself is good but yeah, that green is hideous.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

11. Melanie C looks beautiful on the cover, but yes its channelling Kylie circa 2002.

They both look gorgeous!

neinzedd likes this.
  12. Northern Star was released 23 years ago today.

Still one of the all time solo masterpieces and part of my solo spice holy trinity (NS, Schizophonic and Free Me)

Such a good album and era. So sad how unhappy she was personally during it however that doesn't take away from how strong it was.

Some of my fave performances from the eras 3 best singles. Ahhh miss these days!!!

Sideout, Txetxu, nbtsa and 9 others like this.
  13. I recall the excitement around the album release, everything felt so fresh, and then of course she smashed in 2000. Still gutted I missed her gig in Madrid, the only time she's ever played Spain in all her solo career!

This was A MOMENT:

She had THREE flippin' number ones in the space of 7 months! It really is a pity she was struggling so much begind closed doors.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    Sideout, Wishlight, Txetxu and 6 others like this.

14. A golden era!

Sideout and nbtsa like this.
  15. I Turn To You is still such a rush.

neinzedd, nbtsa, wodny and 3 others like this.
  16. ICE! ICE! ICE!

and

Who is gonna steal your crown?
    MEL C!

17. Okay what idiot decided that Wonderland and Living Without You were a) only b-side worthy and b) not worthy of putting on streaming? I am dying to add them to my collection, they are perfection.

LPT, Sideout, Txetxu and 5 others like this.
  18. There are a fair few gaps in her streaming. It's so annoying (same with the other spices too)

And yes, both are amazing

Rafa_el likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.