AHHHHH THANK YOU every time Tusse sings about “The Haters” I ransacked my brain trying to figure out how I knew that passage.
I donned my schlager detective’s hat a few years ago to retrace the family drama, although I’ve probably missed a few important moments or mistranslated the relevant Expressen articles:
- It starts with Pernilla marrying Emilio Ingrosso, one of her backing dancers from "Piccadilly Circus," and they will eventually have 3 kids together including Benjamin
- Around the time that Benjamin is born, Charlotte starts dating Nicola Ingrosso, Emilio's brother
- Pernilla and Emilio have a bitter divorce
- Soon thereafter, Charlotte & Nicola decide to get engaged, but his family doesn't support it, and nobody shows up to the wedding (although Pernilla sings at the ceremony)
- Because the family doesn't approve of their pairing, Charlotte & Nicola decide to take Nicola's mother's maiden name Perrelli
- Emilio is convicted for sending unlawful threats and abuse to Pernilla
- Charlotte & Nicola get divorced, and when she takes up with another guy, Nicola says he wants his last name back (which ... isn't his last name)
- Emilio reconciles with his ex-wife, or at least enough to appear on Pernilla's reality show
- Emilio and Nicola eventually bury the hatchet and Charlotte's and Nicola's kids finally get to meet their grandparents
Good thing this all happened when they were Still Young!