Melodifestivalen 2021.

Uugh this can’t come soon enough. The Swedish top 20 is literally just rap, ballads and, except a new Benjamin Ingrosso single, pop songs that are approximately five years old. And lurking just outside, at #21, a song about choking a girl in a garage.

You better bring the pop bangers, SVT!

For those of us cursed to live outside Sweden, I don't know how many Melodifestivalen songs you usually have at your disposal on Spotify, but over the past 72 hours we've suddenly received an onslaught of past contest entries and it is glorious. I can now send fractions of cents to:
Charlotte Perrelli - The Girl
Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes
Andreas Lundstedt - Aldrig aldrig
Top Cats - Baby Doll
Babsan - Ge mig en spanjor
Sibel - Stop
Pernilla Wahlgren - Jag vill om du vågar
Eddie Razaz - Alibi
Hanna Lindblad - Goosebumps & Manipulated
Kikki Danielsson - Idag och imorgon
Arja Saijonmaa - Vad du än trodde så trodde du fel
SWEDISH HOUSE WIVES - ON TOP OF THE WORLD

It has been a long 9 years on Spotify without you all but här står vi.

Last edited:
For those of us cursed to live outside Sweden, I don't know how many Melodifestivalen songs you usually have at your disposal on Spotify, but over the past 72 hours we've suddenly received an onslaught of past contest entries and it is glorious. I can now send fractions of cents to:
Charlotte Perrelli - The Girl
Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes
Andreas Lundstedt - Aldrig aldrig
Top Cats - Baby Doll
Babsan - Ge mig en spanjor
Sibel - Stop
Pernilla Wahlgren - Jag vill om du vågar
Eddie Razaz - Alibi
Hanna Lindblad - Goosebumps & Manipulated
Kikki Danielsson - Idag och imorgon
Arja Saijonmaa - Vad du än trodde så trodde du fel
SWEDISH HOUSE WIVES - ON TOP OF THE WORLD

It has been a long 9 years on Spotify without you all but här står vi.
When I lived in Sweden I set up my Spotify to be SE based and honestly, best thing ever. There is every song you could possibly want...Linda Bengtzing and Pernilla Wahlgren singles galore!

When I lived in Sweden I set up my Spotify to be SE based and honestly, best thing ever. There is every song you could possibly want...Linda Bengtzing and Pernilla Wahlgren singles galore!
That would have been the smart thing to do - although I think I read once that you have to log-in from your home region once over a certain period of time and I was/am just too lazy to figure out VPNs and paying a Swedish Spotify account in USD etc.

Somehow they always manage to make the stage a bit claustrophobic. Even though we know it's in a huge arena it feels much smaller that most concerts we see in same scale venues. I'm sure the TV production elements play a part too but they love huge side pieces that are mostly unnecessary. I wish they'd just "open up".

I know nothing. Have they even released real pictures of the stage? First rehearsals are tomorrow, hopefully we’ll get something.

Is the artist bible even out? And don’t we usually get lyrics on Mondays or is that Tuesdays?

I know nothing. Have they even released real pictures of the stage? First rehearsals are tomorrow, hopefully we’ll get something.

Is the artist bible even out? And don’t we usually get lyrics on Mondays or is that Tuesdays?
svt.se/melodifestivalen doesn’t even have any content, it just redirects to the SVTplay page. And there have been no new tweets on @SVTmelfest since Wednesday. I would expect this level of lack of professionalism from the BBC team but not the Swedish team!!