Melodifestivalen 2023 + Golden years remembrance ::

he/they
I’ve been watching Loreen and Carola perfomances for the past few days and I’m ready to be reminded of why I’m so invested in this contest

giphy.gif

God I miss old artist reveal shows.

he/they
SVT is so annoying, after 3 weeks of pain in the ass weeks that made everyone go nuts, they filled up almost all of good and decent songs (not you, Mariette) in Deltävling 4???

No need to hear people saying "this is evolving after the snippet ends, just wait until the full performance" oh for fuck's sake this is winning this semi and it screams already. Totally on board with Crystal Ball commentary on this: this is her worst attempt comparing to previous 3 entries but the bar for Loreen is already so high that it ends up being the best song of Melodifestivalen 2023. Can't wait to see the full song because I know i'll stream it like crazy.

BTW Mariette DTF era is over, I guess? This is also her worst attempt and unlike Loreen the bar for Mariette not that high so I hope this song will choke at #7 at Saturday.

Semi 1 and 2 were bland and white bread, semi 3 was medium okay, and semi 4 is great. I wish they would spread the quality out evenly rather than packing it all at the end. It would make the show more entertaining over the full series.

BTW Mariette DTF era is over, I guess? This is also her worst attempt and unlike Loreen the bar for Mariette not that high so I hope this song will choke at #7 at Saturday.

Yeah, except for Mariette, the obvious last place in this semi if there is any justice. I'm sure she will come top 4 but she doesn't deserve to.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Maria Sur won the televote, but so far this season her type of X Factor winners song has flopped with juries (Checkmate in Malta, Honestly in Norway to name a few). Also, Anders similar song flopped with juries last year. So I am hoping this trend continues and Loreen has enough of a lead with juries where she doesn't need to win the televote.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maria Sur won the televote, but so far this season her type of X Factor winners song has flopped with juries (Checkmate in Malta, Honestly in Norway to name a few). Also, Anders similar song flopped with juries last year. So I am hoping this trend continues and Loreen has enough of a lead with juries where she doesn't need to win the televote.

I do think the new-ish format of age groups voting (versus the older format of all votes being counted as point percentages) could be an advantage for Loreen if it comes down to her and Maria. If the song really is this fantastic, then I can see juries ranking her a lot higher than Maria, and even if Maria gets many many more individual public votes than Loreen, if Loreen mainly gets 10s (or even an 8 or two) from the age groups, it could be enough.

Unless Ukraine is one of the international juries, which I expect.

To me the Loreen song snippet does not scream a winner at all, but I can imagine the performance might boost it up a lot and apparently there's more going on in the song later? The staging looks amazing though