#47 Linda Pritchard – Alive
#50 Sara Lumholdt – Enemy
#61 Babsan – Ge mig en spanjor
#62 Christian Walz - Like Suicide
#71 Swingfly feat. Christoffer Hiding & Beatrice Stars – Me And My Drum
#72 Pernilla Andersson – Desperados
#74 Sara Varga – Spring för livet
#76 Elisabeth Andreassen – Vaken i en dröm​

We've also lost a chunk of 6th placers, to give us our top 5 there too.

In our last rate, the highest placed 6th-in-Heat entry was #2:

Who will make it to our top rank?

5th placers - Top 5
(alphabetical)

? Alvaro Estrella - Bedroom
? Anniela – Elektrisk
? Eddie Razaz - Alibi
? Love Generation – Just A Little Bit
? Swedish House Wives – On Top Of The World
---------------------------------------
#34 Linda Sundblad – Lucky You
#36 Julia Alvgard – Better Or Worse
#37 Marie Serneholt – Salt And Pepper
#38 Army of Lovers – Rockin’ The Ride
#51 Shirley Clamp – Burning Alive
#68 I.D.A. – Fight Me If You Dare
#70 Sonja Aldén – I din himmel

And will our best 5th placer this rate do better (love) worse (duck) or the same (like) as Velvet's 2nd place?

Btw I plan to reveal who got each 'prediction' right as we get to the relevant results, and will keep some kind of leaderboard. Feel free to go back through the thread and add your votes to the various ones posted!

Yay audience participation!

According to my calculations Worldclock, there are 7 hours left to submit - that's an hour for each of Linda Bengtzing's robbed MF entries.

Will her 2 entries do better than in our last rate?

MF Golden Years Rate (2006-2010)
#40 (7.85) 2006 Linda Bengtzing - Jag ljuger så bra
#41 (7.77) 2008 Linda Bengtzing - Hur svårt kan det va?

MF Golden Years Rate 2011-2014
??? (?.??) 2011 Linda Bengtzing – E det fel på mej
??? (?.??) 2014 Linda Bengtzing – Ta mig

LOVE - Both will finish higher than #40
LIKE - One will finish higher, one lower than #40
DUCK - Both will finish lower than #40

Also, I finally started compiling guesses from the thread, and vi har ett resultat for the first one!

In true schlager justice, both Linda Bengtzing's songs have made it to our top 40.

LOVE - Both will finish higher than #40
- One will finish higher, one lower than #40
DUCK - Both will finish lower than #40

7 of you played. You'll get one point for a correct answer for the early games.
The ones posted during the rate (top 5th, 6th placer etc.) will get 2 points for a correct answer.

Leaderboard after 1 round:

0 - @BubblegumBoy
0 - @MilesAngel
0 - @pookiebots
0 - @ssa
0 - @Untouchable Ace
0 - @Wishlight
0 - @WowWowWowWow
0 - @YRSHKD

As nobody is off the mark, there's still time for others to go back and join in the other votes if you'd like.
The votes of those who already answered have been recorded, so no changing your choices now dd!

he/they
? Anniela – Elektrisk
? Love Generation – Just A Little Bit

classic-mariah-carey.gif

Pink Pistols
I Am Somebody
MF score:
7/8 SF2 2014
OG raters: #28

PJ score: 7.89

High scorers: 10 @YRSHKD @Untouchable Ace 9.4 @saviodxl
Low scorers: 4 @Epic Chocolat 6 @Txetxu 7 @stevo_1988 @ssa

Not Christer Björkman creating the heat of the bands by placing the Pink Pistols alongside J.E.M. and man-bands Panteoz, The Refreshments and Nanne's son's band Little Great Things. This lineup gave Sanna Nielsen (#43) a clear run to the final, as she was joined by Panetoz. While Pink Pistols barely beat Manda (#44) into 8th place.

Pink Pistols is a Swedish music group, made up of members Dennis Bröchner, Conny Bäckström, Matias Garzon and Mikael Landby. The group's members have previously been in After Dark ((Åh) När ni tar saken i egna händer, MFGY1 #47) and Straight Up (who created queer bop classics like Family and Twink).

The Pink Pistols was created when the members met together in the summer of 2013 to talk about LGBTQ culture and the current situation in Russia. As all good queers should, they then contacted Susie Päivärinta (Show Me Heaven, MFGY1 #8).

She then wrote the song together with Joakim Törnqvist, Nestor Geli (Show Me Heaven), Frost Per Hed (Mãns' Lively Up Your Monday) and Diztord (Razborka, MFGY1 #66).

Pink Pistols bought camp rock (not that type) to the stage, with leather and glitter in the classic 2 gays, 2 drag queens format. After MF, the band released an EP of newly produced material, but haven't done much since then.
According to Scandipop, this is the best song on the EP:

@WowWowWowWow (9) Drag should always be part of Melodifestivalen!
@ssa (7) I remember disliking Steps more.

Next up another 11!
Did I forget to change the thread title from yday, or did I leave it deliberately?

Last edited:

Pink Pistols
I Am Somebody
MF score:
7/8 SF2 2014
OG raters: #28

PJ score: 7.89

High scorers: 10 @YRSHKD @Untouchable Ace 9.4 @saviodxl
Low scorers: 4 @Epic Chocolat 6 @Txetxu 7 @stevo_1988 @ssa

Not Christer Björkman creating the heat of the bands by placing the Pink Pistols alongside J.E.M. and man-bands Panteoz, The Refreshments and Nanne's son's band Little Great Things. This lineup gave Sanna Nielsen (#43) a clear run to the final, as she was joined by Panetoz. While Pink Pistols barely beat Manda (#44) into 8th place.

Pink Pistols is a Swedish music group, made up of members Dennis Bröchner, Conny Bäckström, Matias Garzon and Mikael Landby. The group's members have previously been in After Dark ((Åh) När ni tar saken i egna händer, MFGY1 #47) and Straight Up (who created queer bop classics like Family and Twink).

The Pink Pistols was created when the members met together in the summer of 2013 to talk about LGBTQ culture and the current situation in Russia. As all good queers should, they then contacted Susie Päivärinta (Show Me Heaven, MFGY1 #8).

She then wrote the song together with Joakim Törnqvist, Nestor Geli (Show Me Heaven), Frost Per Hed (Mãns' Lively Up Your Monday) and Diztord (Razborka, MFGY1 #66).

Pink Pistols bought camp rock (not that type) to the stage, with leather and glitter in the classic 2 gays, 2 drag queens format. After MF, the band released an EP of newly produced material, but haven't done much since then.
According to Scandipop, this is the best song on the EP:

@WowWowWowWow (9) Drag should always be part of Melodifestivalen!
@ssa (7) I remember disliking Steps more.

Next up another 11!
Did I forget to change the thread title from yday, or did I leave it deliberately?

This was an inspiration. It's like when you see a little kid dress flamboyantly and completely over the top, and you can see they chose to do so for themselves.
We need more drag queens in singing groups. We need more drag queens everywhere.

The song is also so good and definitely deserving of 10.

Yes, it's another 2011 eleven!

Eric Saade
Popular
MF score:
1/8 SF3 2011
1st FINAL 2011
OG raters: #35

PJ score: 7.99

High scorers: 11 @MilesAngel 10 @Remorque @Untouchable Ace
Low scorers: 1.5 @daninternational 6 @Txetxu @ssa

Frederik Kempe has done many things in his career, but the worst thing he's ever done is arguably the first two lines of this song. I am far from a Saade hater, but this song was doomed with me from the start. As is frequently common with MF, a returning artist who was arguably 'robbed' with a previous, better, entry (see Mãns, Sanna, Lena Ph, Loreen) gets their reward of a win.

I'm far from a Saade-hater (in our last rate I gave Manboy (MFGY1 #19) a 10, and Every Minute remains that sexy bop, but Popular just ain't it for me.

Still, several of you, plus Sweden, plus most of Europe disagreed. So let's focus on that.

Just a year after Saade broke through and gained a bronze medal with the aforementioned Manboy, he returned to try again. His semi final votes were almost double second placer (The Playtones), while in the final the juries places him 2 points ahead of Danny Saucedo's In The Club (still in our rate). Danny also came second in the televote, but with only 14.9% to Eric's 23.7% - meaning he won overall by 44 points.

In Düsseldorf, Saade once more won his semi final (1st in televote, 3rd with juries), then in the final from an unfavourable start number #7 he came 2nd in the televote and 7th with juries for an overall bronze medal.

Since then, he returned to MF in 2015 with Sting (5th place in the final), co-hosted with SDF in 2019, and sang Every Minute in 2021 (2nd in the final). Most recently he was seen causing trouble at Eurovision by wearing a keffiyeh during his performance as part of the interval act. To be honest that's why I gave him 1.5 not 0.5.

Not so much commentary here - @MilesAngel please share your thoughts (and sorry!)
@WowWowWowWow (8) Boney M should have sued!!

Tomorrow we hit the 8+ averages and the top 30​

I knew some of the feelings around 'Popular' so thought it would be out before its time, and was ready.

Yes, I know the lyrics aren't the greatest but the production goes OFF, so I can forgive (förlåta!) I love the 'Rasputin'-drums which open the song, and the whole thing is just EPIC.

And in the stage performances, Eric and the dancers put on an immense SHOW, with Eric nailing the vocals even while moving like a demon.

No Regrets. And 32 is one of my favourite numbers!

One more misses the top 30

Lisa Miskovsky
Why Start A Fire?
MF score:
2/8 SF4 2012
9th FINAL 2012
OG raters: #36

PJ score: 8.00

High scorers: 10 @Txetxu @MilesAngel @YRSHKD @ssa
Low scorers: 5.1 @Untouchable Ace 6 @Conan 6.5 @pookiebots @Epic Chocolat

This period was the time of coups, as many big name Swedish musicians, often with more credibility, were persuaded to take part. Lisa Miskovsky was another of them. To that point in her career, she had released 4 studio albums, 3 of which made the top 5 in the Swedish charts, recorded a theme song of video game Mirror's Edge, and apparently her song Lady Stardust had been a radio hit in UK and Germany.

Ridiculously sandwiched between Danny Saucedo (who scored over 100k more votes than her) and Christer & Lotta (#) in second place of the fourth heat got her direct to the final. In the final (which I attended and do not remember watching Lisa at all dd) the jury votes were swept up by Loreen and Danny, as were the televotes. This left her with just 21 from the juries, and 3.8% of the televote - 18 points - leaving her in 9th place ahead only of Mirakel (#52).

Still, she can't have been that disheartened, as she retruned to MF 10 years later in 2022, where she placed 3rd in her heat (behind Anders Bagge and Faith Kakembo) to make Andra Chansen. There, she lost out to Theoz and the 4th placer from her heat Cazzi Opeia.

@WowWowWowWow (9) So classy! Enya found sailed away!
@YRSHKD (10) Another highlight for the 2012 edition. We had a spectacular final line up!

We'll start the top 30 later!​

She/Her
Yes, it's another 2011 eleven!

Eric Saade
Popular
MF score:
1/8 SF3 2011
1st FINAL 2011
OG raters: #35

PJ score: 7.99

High scorers: 11 @MilesAngel 10 @Remorque @Untouchable Ace
Low scorers: 1.5 @daninternational 6 @Txetxu @ssa

Frederik Kempe has done many things in his career, but the worst thing he's ever done is arguably the first two lines of this song. I am far from a Saade hater, but this song was doomed with me from the start. As is frequently common with MF, a returning artist who was arguably 'robbed' with a previous, better, entry (see Mãns, Sanna, Lena Ph, Loreen) gets their reward of a win.

I'm far from a Saade-hater (in our last rate I gave Manboy (MFGY1 #19) a 10, and Every Minute remains that sexy bop, but Popular just ain't it for me.

Still, several of you, plus Sweden, plus most of Europe disagreed. So let's focus on that.

Just a year after Saade broke through and gained a bronze medal with the aforementioned Manboy, he returned to try again. His semi final votes were almost double second placer (The Playtones), while in the final the juries places him 2 points ahead of Danny Saucedo's In The Club (still in our rate). Danny also came second in the televote, but with only 14.9% to Eric's 23.7% - meaning he won overall by 44 points.

In Düsseldorf, Saade once more won his semi final (1st in televote, 3rd with juries), then in the final from an unfavourable start number #7 he came 2nd in the televote and 7th with juries for an overall bronze medal.

Since then, he returned to MF in 2015 with Sting (5th place in the final), co-hosted with SDF in 2019, and sang Every Minute in 2021 (2nd in the final). Most recently he was seen causing trouble at Eurovision by wearing a keffiyeh during his performance as part of the interval act. To be honest that's why I gave him 1.5 not 0.5.

Not so much commentary here - @MilesAngel please share your thoughts (and sorry!)
@WowWowWowWow (8) Boney M should have sued!!

Tomorrow we hit the 8+ averages and the top 30​

This man is HOT.

Sorry I got drunk instead of posting a second elimination.

Please react this to indicate which year you think will have the most entries in our top 20.

2011 LOVE
2012 LIKE
2013 NO ANSWER dd
2014 DUCK

Top 30

2011: 9/21
Dilba – Try Again
Jenny Silver – Something In Your Eyes
Danny Saucedo - In The Club
Loreen – My Heart Is Refusing Me
Sanna Nielsen – I’m In Love
Anniela – Elektrisk