Metal/hard rock but for gays | The Popjustice Forum

Metal/hard rock but for gays

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Rhombus, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Anyone have any recommendations along these lines?

+ Poppy

Thanks homosexuals

Robert, Wishlight, Damita Jo and 23 others like this.
  2. TASTE.

Metal/rock for gays:

3. Taste!

4. Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  5. Placebo go down well with the gays.

6. This is a bop as well:

Just wait until the chorus hits.

Oooo also Love Like Winter by AFI. Literally gay.

7. Whew that Aidan reign just won’t let up

8. Saw someone mention Placebo and damn they were so fine up until Battle for the Sun. That album was average at best and they only went downhill since. Sad.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. I love Placebo. Every You Every Me soundtracking Cruel Intentions remains iconic! I like their version of Running Up That Hill, too.

Head Like A Hole is massive and gifted us with Ashley O's On A Roll last year.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Ironheade, Robert, Wishlight and 10 others like this.
  10. feel like pure shit, just want her back

11. At least she’s releasing a song similar to that in a few weeks

stuaw likes this.
  12. Yay this is my thread! Seconding this post by adding some of my favorite AFI songs:

Seeing Aiden takes me back. A shame about the singer turning into a creep to say the least.

Ironheade, Wishlight, steste and 3 others like this.
  13. Bop! Do you remember this song @stuaw nn

14. It goes without saying, of course, but who could forget this classic? It still slaps in 2020.

Not this turning into a Greatest Hits thread!

15. One of my all time favorites, Enter Shikari, who are always changing it up. Their latest album was their most accessible and I'm sure many of you would be into it:

Another recommandation for 'We Appreciate Power' and 'STFU!' stans would be this synthpop-y rock band:

Young Guns have plenty of radio friendly rock or almost metal-y bops, but they surprised me by adding 80's pop influences afterwards. This one is for the PVRIS stans:

Circa Survive have one of the most distinct vocalists I've ever heard. My teens were spent listening to emo bands with mostly high pitched male vocals dd:

16. Anthony Green is a total DAD. One of the hottest men in music, to be honest.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Staff Member

Any reccs I could give would be from a very specific window of time (my brief soujourn as a metaller), but here are some faves anyway:

18. Trent Reznor goes for more of universal depression vibe later on his career but he really did say gay rights with this album!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.