Metal/hard rock but for gays | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Metal/hard rock but for gays

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Rhombus, Jan 17, 2020.

1. You're in for a treat then! I tagged you for Dance Gavin Dance, but now that I think about it, perhaps you'd like Issues too.

There's a Spotify playlist compiling the songs shared in the thread:

I should seriously look into updating it because it's been a while and I keep procrastinating.

2. Oh I'm a minor fan of Issues. My sister planted that seed a while ago, but I haven't done a deep dive yet.

Thanks for linking the playlist too.

Procrastination is a mood though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. aux

aux

4. Jonathan Hulten’s debut solo album is gorgeous.

5. In This Moment is prepping to release their new album.

6. Pushing it a bit with "metal/hard rock" but a lot of posts in here are anyways. I've been in a bit of a '00s Emo/Pop Punk/Pop Rock mood as a result of preparing materials for the rate. I hope some of y'all will consider joining when it's up.

edit: dddddd not these thumbnails almost all matching...

7. Those are quintessential emo thumbnails dd. This is the rate I'm looking forward the most to be honest, and I can't wait to relive some teenage memories through your list!

8. Enter Shikari just dropped this Faithless influenced banger:

9. HIM's Ville Valo has just released a solo 3 track EP, it basically sounds like HIM and I'm here for it.

10. oh - How about Momoiro Clover Z

11. There's no denying that Ayu is a chameleon goddess of music, but she is a goddamn rock star; I mean "Guilty" is a phenomenal album.

12. I'm listening to In This Moment's new album and what a great album; there's a cover of We Will Rock You with Lzzy Hale and Taylor Momsen and it's just brilliant (There's also a cover of Mazzy Star's 'Into Dust' and Steve Miller Band's 'Fly Like an Eagle')

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  13. That's an especially sneaky move to get me to dive into their music. Congrats to them!

But seriously, they've been on my radar for a little while, so thanks for posting this, as I didn't know they had something new coming.

Ironheade and Tiger Suit like this.
  14. Emo rate coming up? Hm, count me interested. Hope you can get some o' these in!

(The four albums these come from basically amount to what I still listen to in full-length form from my teenage scenester years - odd tracks here and there from other albums remain in rotation, though. All great to this day.)

15. The first track is in but not the other ones, sorry. It ended up being a bit more focused on the poppier bands under the "emo" and assorted sounds umbrella than the heavier artists. I tried to get a few in though, still.

Was definitely playing more with the end of things where in the 00s pretty much any rock or rock adjacent music that had emotive singing/lyrics was called "emo" versus stuff that I guess actually fits in the genre (if that makes sense dddd). Like obviously things like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, or whatever don't exactly fit into the actual Emo genre like other artists (American Football and so forth) would but for thematic cohesion I used emo in the title.

16. New Lingua Ignota.

Ironheade likes this.
  17. My entire childhood.

Well, maybe not The Used dd. I did like Artwork and Shallow Believer.

Thursday's song REALLY needs to be included, it's a classic.

18. The Birthday Massacre's new album is out today:

Music Is Life and Tiger Suit like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.