Metronomy | The Popjustice Forum

Metronomy

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popping-in, May 15, 2008.

1. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

The album is very good.

2. Wow.. Is this the only Metronomy thread!?.. Anyway, the new video is here. The single is called "She Wants" and both the song and video are really good. http://www.metronomy.co.uk/

3. Awesome video. I shall have to explore me some of this band.

4. As it should be. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Joe working with Nicola for her solo effort?

5. Since they've worked with Nicola Roberts, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, and Sky Ferreira... Maybe there will be a collaboration on the album?

6. He also produced CocknBullKid's early singles but only one of his tracks made it to Adulthood. He did some remixes for Lykke Li, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz... I can't wait to hear what he did with Sophie, Nicola and Sky!

For beginners I will recommend to start with these songs:

1. Metronomy - A Thing For Me
    2. Metronomy - Heartbreaker
    3. Lykke Li - I'm Good I'm Gone (Metronomy Remix)
    4. CocknBullKid - Shake (Produced by Joe)

7. moorje

moorje Guest

Don't forget 'Holiday'. That song is an anthem! I love their videos too, they make a little go a long way.
    I'm loving their new song. It's very 'Dance'-era Gary Numan.

8. The video is amazing and the song a grower. Hoping for another album as good as Nights Out.

9. Their accordion version Toxic is pretty wonderful too...

10. Lots of people recommended Metronomy to me. I really like some of their songs - Radio Ladio, Motorway, On Dancefloors, Heartbreaker, A Thing For Me... I'm only just getting into them.

I like this new song, partly because the video is good. I'll definitely listen to their new album.

And yes, i'm really excited for the Nicola and Sophie collaborations.

11. What's the name of the song?

12. I'm really excited for this album! (Their best, most pop song is "My Heart Rate Rapid" by the by. Just saying.)

That said, I don't ever expect to hear the Sophie track. And Future Cut ended up producing it anyway, it's just got a Mount cowrite.

13. I don't remember, but i should be on the Cocknbullkid thread. I put a possible tracklist on there.

14. "She Wants" is very good.

15. moorje

moorje Guest

My copy of The English Riviera arrived this morning. It's amazing. Instead of going for for a bigger, crazier style they have refined the scale of the songs and made something much more beautiful. At the moment my favourite song is The Look. It actually sounds like a soundtrack to the British seaside.

16. Just ordered this - something tells me it's going to be a soundtrack to the summer.

17. I am studiously avoiding any and all leaks from it. All I've heard is the track-by-track preview on Youtube and the two singles – all of which have been wonderful and very satisfying. I think between this, Nicola, and Sophie (!) I am going to owe a lot of my year to Joe Mount.

18. The album is indeed lovely. Nothing amazing. But a great listen. Very chill.

Yes, and when the hell are we going to hear Nicola's stuff? At least with Sophie we know we'll hear it in a week (!!!!!).

19. I was put off my the lead member slagging off Nights Out and saying it wasn't very good. I think it was an amazing album. The songs, artwork, concept...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.