Miguel - War & Leisure | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Miguel - War & Leisure

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Joe., Nov 3, 2017.

1. This is gorgeous. It’s amazing how Miguel’s vocals still sound like this after more than a decade. The way he sings doesn’t look particularly easy.

2. Ufff YES. This is great. Miguel really elevates just about everything and every beat he sings on. No idea who the main act is but he sounds quite good too and the production is lit.

3. His name is Ro James and y'all shouldn't sleep on him. His sophomore album MANTIC is out next week and it's not too late to check out his brilliant 2017 debut, El Dorado, one of the best R&B albums of that year.

4. A throwback. There were signs of his evolution scattered through his debut and Teach Me is just ugh. He did that. Kaleidoscope Dream and Wildheart are blueprints for today's soundscape just as much as House of Balloons and Channel Orange are.

5. Ddd I don’t know why this is coming months late, but better late than never, I guess. He deserves so much more success and he does pretty well on streaming so I don’t get why his eras aren’t as organized.

Jesus Jugs and j267 like this.
  6. I do love the video, but I don’t think it has enough replay value. I hope he’s recording a new album.

7. He Said is excellent. I miss Miguel.

elektroxx likes this.
  8. It’s nice, but I would’ve expected more from a dvsn and Miguel collab, given they’re two of my R&B faves. I feel like the melody could’ve been developed more. Maybe it will grow on me.

9. Deserved 30 weeks at #1!

10. War & Leisure is actually my favourite album of his and has only got better over time. Bops after bops.

elektroxx and An Insider like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Told You So and Caramelo Duro are still serves.

Jonathan27, elektroxx, Joe. and 3 others like this.
  12. Yeah, for the longest time, it’s been Kaleidoscope Dream for me, but recently, I’ve been listening a lot to War & Leisure, which is such a great pick me up in the mornings!

Criminal deserves a shout out, too. The strings with those dreamy vocals. Feels like a desert mirage.

Jersey, j267, nooniebao and 1 other person like this.
  13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'm still mad that he excluded this from War & Leisure. It's so sexy.

elektroxx, nooniebao and An Insider like this.
  14. Ooh, haven't heard this, thanks for sharing! I kinda get why though because it's sonically closer to Wildheart. But, good albums don't always have to be too cohesive.

RainOnFire likes this.
  15. Anyone know where to source a reasonably priced vinyl copy of Kaleidoscope Dreams? Nothing on Discogs or eBay. Meant to buy it a while back and now it seems out of print.

16. I never really quite got why Miguel isn't bigger than he is?

17. He’s had some decent-sized hits, but his music wasn’t always on trend.

elektroxx and nooniebao like this.
  18. Yeah, his first two albums were released during the EDM boom of the early 2010’s.

19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

He suffered for Insecure not being on air for the first several years he was around. His soundscape has become ubiquitous now.

An Insider and nooniebao like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.