Miguel - Wildheart | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Miguel - Wildheart

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Oct 11, 2014.

1. I just watched the Coffee music video. It's good, but it gets a bit too repetitive towards the end.

2. I don't care for the video. Hearing the song is all I need. Fantastic song!

3. Me too, I've taken this approach with a quite a few new releases lately and it's really paid off...

Oh.

4. RJF

RJF

I gave all the new tracks one listen but arrived to a similar conclusion that they're maybe going to come off better as a collective rather than separated. "Face The Sun" was very good though.

5. Another twist in the saga: I've decided to wait a little longer.

6. Face the Sun was my favourite, behind Coffee.

The only one I can give or take is N.W.A....

7. THis album might actually be even better than Kaleidoscope Dream, oh my goodness. The first three tracks alone are amazing and Leaves into Face The Sun is a proper huge moment.

8. This album is very moody and progressive in r&b but it leans so alternative that I don't think they will be receptive to it but I love it.

9. Face The Sun is the best track on the album. Divine.

10. Due to the deluge of current releases, I'll wait until the end of the month... excited though.

11. RJF

RJF

The album is really good. Everyone who was eager to wait for the full experience will have made the right choice, as everything really only fell into place when I listened to the whole thing properly late last week. Far more sprawling and expressive than his last album, and I love the production throughout. Some of the harmonies are so nineties; it's fucking brilliant. Stand outs for me so far are "waves", "NWA", and "face the sun"

The fucking grammar in these titles though.

12. I agree. Had a full proper run through today - really great. Need to listen to it all again to decipher which tracks I loved (I was working at the time and not paying attention to the track titles). Perfect for the summer.

13. Every song on the new album sounds amazing, but it's definitely less accessible than Kaleidoscope Dream. I need some time to let it all sink in.

14. That's actually what I liked about it. I needed a few listens through and then it finally hit me.

15. About halfway through my first listen... yes, it's very dense, isn't it.

'what's normal anyway' is the weakest song so far.

16. This is good, yes?

17. The guitars are certainly very prominent.

18. Got this on Monday, and fuck me I bloody love it. Like really love it - album of the year sort of love it.

I thought the last album was damn good, but I wasn't expecting this!

19. His last album was really good but this is amazing, the album flows really well and there are so many good songs. Based on first play, probably a contender for my top 10 favorite albums from this year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.