Miley Cyrus - Endless Summer Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted about the prospect of never seeing a huge Miley arena show again, but I completely understand why she would feel the way she does about those kind of tours for herself.

I think she enjoys performing, the problem is taking the compromise of a Tour doing 4/5 nights a week and having to go back and forth, facing plane troubles, getting COVID from fans and that kind of thing ddd. Her South American Festival Tour last year was great, but the way her shine just dimmed from show to show (and then Taylor’s passing) was perceptible and it looks like her first “solid run” of concerts in a very long time.

Surely the best thing to manage the not touring part but balance with performing would be a residency? 2/3 shows a week max, for a couple of weeks at a time, rinse and repeat a few times throughout the year and no travel?

JLo used to leave her home at 4pm on the day of her residency shows. Only an hour or so from LA.

He/Him
It really feels like artists are feeling the pressures of touring and taking control for their own mental health which is refreshing but also sad that some songs won't get a live outing. It nearly makes stuff like Infinite Disco and Studio 2054 seem like a good approach for these artists but it's like labels have forgotten about that option post-Covid. For some artists I'd be happy enough with one night on a live stream as the "tour".

It really feels like artists are feeling the pressures of touring and taking control for their own mental health which is refreshing but also sad that some songs won't get a live outing. It nearly makes stuff like Infinite Disco and Studio 2054 seem like a good approach for these artists but it's like labels have forgotten about that option post-Covid. For some artists I'd be happy enough with one night on a live stream as the "tour".
It's honestly a shame that so many great ideas and concepts came out of Covid for promo, award shows, performances etc, but the industry has just moved on from it all. I guess the Backyard Sessions was a cool idea, just odd that it's the one main crutch they've leaned on this era.

Oh, so suddenly she don't like going on tour anymore after getting all the money from Latin America fans (in Festivals!!!) like, does she remember she literally begged for Attention? Ddd. I also find it very comfortable to say that she don't like and don't want to be a big artist, giving interviews and being on the cover of... Vogue? Make it make sense

Saying that you don't want to be big and famous accepting to be the subject of one of the biggest fashion magazines in the world is still funny

Last edited:
It really grates on me when people say things like "I was young" at... 30 dd

So many of my friends who are 27/28 act like they're a banana skin slip away from the grave and can't even  fathom going to a nightclub ("Oh no I'm in bed by 9 these days!!!!")... late 20s/30s is still young and curse 18 year old me for thinking it was ancient.

It’s a a shame if performing isn’t her thing anymore. She was one of the few artists constantly doing at home performances during Covid, so I really thought performing was a big passion of hers. I was hoping to see her on tour at some point but I guess that isn’t on the cards.

Whatever she needs to do to make herself feel better and comfortable within herself is what matters at the end of the day.

He/Him/His
She's one of the world's most recognizable celebrities. As if doing a Vogue cover is going to increase her public profile.

She's essentially saying she wants to choose her own engagements (one magazine cover!) and perform on her own terms (no grueling tours!), which does not necessarily contradict hitting up the festival circuit in past years. And it clearly states the reason she's stepped back since the album release is due to a flare-up of chronic pain and inflammation issues.

So... she may have an "annoying" way of saying stuff, but is she saying anything we haven't heard from several other A-list female popstars? No.

She seems to finally crack down what fulfills her and is navigating accordingly. More power to Miley.

More Jaded-ish visuals for the Smilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.