Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts (7th Album) | Page 263 | The Popjustice Forum

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kevinnnk, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Unpopular opinion maybe but I thought her Heart Of Glass cover was terrible. Her voice works so much better on something like this.

Jwentz, 2014, Diet Pop! and 5 others like this.
  2. It was a bit shouty but I think that could have been improved by taking it down half a step or even a whole step. She sounded like she was at the top of her range.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    spaceship likes this.
  3. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I mean, we have to give credit where it’s due, Miley is clearly a better Britney stan than that.

I agree with the suggestions that the arrangement is a little suspect, and the song itself doesn’t exactly lend itself to be taken out its own production. That’s the thing about Britney covers, her songs are so uniquely tied to the matching of the production and her voice that it’s hard for someone else to reimagine the magic. I would have suggested If U Seek Amy.

4. My body is ready.

spaceship likes this.
  5. I love her voice on the cover she sounds amazing, I wish the arrangement had a bit more punch though.

blaze_dave likes this.
  6. It was a lot shouty ddd.

7. Miley covering my favourite and often overlooked (by the GP) Britney track. 2020 is finally giving back to me.

ArronJustMight likes this.
  8. Toy Soldier is the song for her on Blackout.

Someboy likes this.
  9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Oh she sounds vastly superior on that cover than Heart of Glass. Gimme More works as the cover choice simply for the parallel to her own career, no?

I’m also wondering if those vinyl hearts(?) in the background are a hint to the album name.

slaybellz likes this.
  10. Premieres October 17th at 10:15 PM EST:

11. "Plastic Heart" is a song title I've heard about, so maybe a reference to it. I wouldn't mind it as an album title. Better than She Is Miley Cyrus, in my opinion.

12. BTG

BTG

Girls. I’m stanning. But will the album be half as enjoyable these covers? I’m perched.

QueenB and IfUSeekAmy like this.
  13. tea

tea

She was definitely pushing her voice in Heart of Glass, but it's not like she was just shouting the words? Except maybe the oOOOoo wooahhh's which could have toned back on the distortion. She was full belt pretty much the entire time, but it never sounded strained or like she didn't have control over the notes.

The Gimme More cover works better than I expected, but that chorus just sounds kinda awkward.

14. Heart of Glass would have sounded flat if she took the key down even by a semi-tone. She pitched it perfectly.

IfUSeekAmy and QueenB like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Imagine a world where Ariana releases another album before this is out, imagine a world like that. That will be 3 albums since this thread was first created ffff.

Jonathan27, JMRGBY, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  16. HMD

HMD

I’m really liking the cover. Can’t wait to have the full thing!

17. I actually really like this. Way better than the Heart Of Glass cover.

slaybellz likes this.
  18. Don’t do Madonna like that.

MmmDani, An Insider, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  19. The way I thought about her... I didn't hate it! She should stick to Between the Bars though.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  20. That's... a depressing thought ddd.

I really hope she can get an album out early next year (or this year...if she can, but that doesn't sound realistic).

aux likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.