Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts | Page 351 | The Popjustice Forum

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kevinnnk, Apr 18, 2018.

1. The title track just reminds me of stanning Fall Out Boy and Panic At The Disco and the like in middle school ddd. Just has that energy.

Never Be Me remains gorgeous. The production is *chef's kiss* and she sounds great.

Alenko, digitalkaiser, Kyle. and 6 others like this.
  2. Does anyone else hear The Cure’s “Lovesong” on “and I don’t even miss you” from “WTF Do I Know?”

God that was bugging me not being able to figure it out!

3. I also hear I Want You to Want Me in the chorus melody of High at moments, but I love it.

4. That’s fair! I think I’m just a bit eye-roll about wishing the dull and drab were present instead of artists at least marginally more interesting and unusual. But I suppose not as weird a suggestion as I thought.

johnoclock likes this.
  5. I am morbidly curious as to what a Shawn Mendes feature on Bad Karma would have sounded like. I can’t picture it at all.

6. Hug me Bad Karma huh

Zaacc, Truce, Espeon and 1 other person like this.

7. Get those sales!

8. This album reminds me of Linda Ronstadt's 1980 album Mad Love. Wonder if it was an inspiration at all.

Vasilios likes this.
  9. Just checked UK Amazon & we get a discount of 84p....thanks Miley.

Mr.Arroz, Sam, Alenko and 10 others like this.
  10. This is one of my favourite albums of the year.

I love her????

11. Thought she wouldn't even be Top 5!

SiduousIII, Kyle., Mikal and 12 others like this.
  12. Oh wow. What a nice surprise. Keep streaming!

IfUSeekAmy likes this.
  13. The Shawn feature was apparently for Play With Fire/Never Be Me. It was just a rumor he was on Bad Karma.
    Yesssssss.

ALEX and IfUSeekAmy like this.
  14. Spots 2-6 are all projected to be between 47K-51K. C'mon high stakes chart drama!

Mikal, aux, IfUSeekAmy and 1 other person like this.
  15. Who is actually paying for downloads in 2020? Discount the physicals or...I dunno. Do something else.

relby, melodrama and Euphoria like this.
  16. I've enjoyed a few Miley songs here and there over the years but "Plastic Hearts" is my first time listening to a full album from her and I am living.

Mikal, GRMusic, digitalkaiser and 4 others like this.
  17. Phew she had a moment to Angels Like You today.

I don't know, with all this talk about shaking it up and constantly flipping her image and sound and moving on, Miley undeniably has a penchant for this type of song in particular, and there is one like it present in most of her work. Outside of how offensive and out of touch she can be, how totally off the mark and alienating the bangers era was, I haven't really minded her stream-of-consciousness career when we always get a handful of moments. When it comes to the music, it still feels like she's just being Miley.

Kind of everything.. and nothing? ddd

18. Pretty good review!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.