Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts | Page 352 | The Popjustice Forum

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kevinnnk, Apr 18, 2018.

1. 6.4 and a decent review is pretty damn great for a website practically designed to throw up at a pop star going “rock.”

2. The straights are here for her.

3. This being her first review from them with a score higher than a 5 ddddd.

Someone put that Ciara gif but flipped upside-down so it's rising.

Sam, nikkysan, Mushroom and 16 others like this.
  4. The reviewer for Pitchfork suggesting that she should work with Ariel Rechtshaid... Which one of you cigs

5. As much a the Pitchfork reviews starts off by saying they thought everything prior to Plastic Hearts was bad, it's actually quite a loving review.

Music Is Death likes this.
  6. Just on my first listen of the album and Gimme What I Want is the one so far. Amazing bop!

7. I generally despise Miley as a pop star but I think I can admit that this album is pretty good. There aren’t any duds and the songwriting is relatively strong which is definitely more than I can say about her last few albums. I think it veers into being a bit costume-y at some points (same with the visual aesthetics this era) but it feels more authentic than her previous image overhauls.

Angels Like You is her best song. Gimme What I Want, Hate Me, Night Crawling, & Bad Karma are all excellent.

Mr.Arroz, nikkysan, Mikey1701 and 9 others like this.
  8. Cover of Doll Parts by Hole on Howard Stern.

9. Fuck. I've actually been meaning to equate her ~screaming to Courtney Love. It's still melodic and I love the rawness. Now this! I'd love to hear her do other Hole songs like Violet, Malibu (MASHUP!), and even Celebrity Skin would work well for her.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Mr Blonde, lushLuck, Jersey and 6 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]

Sam, monsterboy, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  11. It's a shame that her country album was... that when I think she could turn out a really amazing one if she worked with the right people.

12. That's such a dumb line. Younger Now was a mess but her voice works so well for country. I guarantee she'll release a serious country singer-songwriter album some day.

Mr.Arroz, Hyrulian, nooniebao and 6 others like this.
  13. As someone who generally dislikes her and thought Younger Now was weak as hell, I kind of love this album.

14. RMK

RMK

The review warrants a slightly higher score. Also..
    No.

15. Her country-influenced songs are among the strongest and most authentically her on every album so the genre fits her like a glove. It's just a matter of finding the right people to work with.

16. Malibu/Malibu would have made so much sense. Maybe on tour!

lushLuck and xOJakeXo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.