Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts | Page 381 | The Popjustice Forum

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kevinnnk, Apr 18, 2018.

1. I dispute that logic because she had two songs which for a good 8 weeks post-album had pretty astonishing momentum for non-singles and were clearly just a small push away from becoming a hit.

Angels is on 60m+ streams! The idea that investing in a video or remixes was too risky for the label is laughable. Let's call it what it is - either she's too lazy to promote or there are internal politics blocking her. But financial risk could not be one of them. Popping up on Fallon or Kimmel or shooting a performance video on the literal stage set in your back garden costs almost nothing.

2. I’m just giving another opinion on why they might not move ahead - I’m not claiming to know or understand the situation best.

Also I don’t think anyone can discount that spending money is a consideration when RCA seem to be one of the smaller major labels in the industry?

spaceship likes this.
  3. RMK

RMK

Prisoner isn't lighting up the charts, but it's definitely propelled the album and can be considered a win for her. I honestly thought they were just waiting for it to finish up (potentially go further on radio), or choosing between the title track and Angels.

Neon Green likes this.
  4. Snippet of a scrapped version of Prisoner with Shawn Mendes:

Maki, Robbietoxic and Music Is Death like this.
  5. She’s just signed with Columbia Records!

Ashling92, sesita, tea and 2 others like this.
  6. About time!

Music Is Death likes this.
  7. Glad she's out of RCA; sad that Plastic Hearts is confirmed dead.

8. Yeah, the album deserved a couple more singles.

Leis, Pat, GCZ and 6 others like this.
  9. Poor Angels Like You, but this seems like a great move for her.

slaybellz, Leis, popzone and 6 others like this.
  10. In theory could she not just re-vocal Angels, call it a 'single mix' and put it out on Columbia?

11. Where there murmurs of this? It seems so abrupt, especially in the midst of an era. Although I guess the era was already over, we just didn't know it.

Pat, RMK and Music Is Death like this.
  12. RIP “Gimme What I Want”. Your existence was everything.

Wishlight, Jonathan27, Conan and 12 others like this.
  13. Glad to hear she’s out of RCA! I’m guessing this is the last nail in the coffin for the Plastic Hearts era though?

14. Thank god she has left RCA.

D.Jay, Mikal and Music Is Death like this.
  15. Glad she has left RCA.

Plastic Hearts deserved so much better though, I really thought she was invested this time.

16. Glad to see her get away from RCA
    [​IMG]

But RIP potential career-highlight single Angels Like You
    [​IMG]

17. So... Plastic Hearts is over?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.