Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts | Page 394 | The Popjustice Forum

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kevinnnk, Apr 18, 2018.

1. I would like to see it.gif

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  2. Her obsession with performing covers is so strange. Is she embarrassed by her own material? She has a pretty solid discography so she shouldn’t be!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  3. RJF

RJF

She’s a covers artist; covering is her field.

4. A "Believe" cover will go one of two ways.

elektroxx and spaceship like this.
  5. Can she cover one of her own songs for once?

6. My Heart Beats for Love meant a whole lot to me when I was 17 playing the album for the first time with hardly a trace of queer dialog in the music I was downloading via dial up internet. It could use a bit more crescendo but I still think it's really effective as an album closer and one of her better ballads when she has plenty strong ones.

7. Loud or louder.

8. Sorry for going off-topic, but Damiano David could get it, tbh.

Wishlight and spaceship like this.
  9. The covers obsession continues...
    She put out a great album less than a year ago. Why does she refuse to perform it?!?

10. BTG

BTG

The shouting during I’ll Stand by You. Sis.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  11. So she’s only performing two of her own songs, neither of which are on her latest album? Consistency is her skill.

Mr_Matt likes this.
  12. I’m actually looking forward to watching this, but it’s a shame as Plastic Hearts the album would have lent itself so well to a live show.

13. Not the rock album bombing and her going back to trying to be a country throwdown gal.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. Plastic Hearts done really well despite a minimal promo push. Here’s hoping her next era gets the promo it deserves. She’s proved she still has tons of miles of gas left

Gabeee9292, Wishlight, Rob and 10 others like this.
  15. I understand it wasn’t a smash, but it has pretty great streaming numbers? An album with over a billion streams on Spotify alone isn’t anything to scoff at!

16. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

There’s something to be said for playing to a wide audience and getting a crowd involved, and frankly an album track off Bangerz or Plastic Hearts wouldn’t do it, but it’s so funny how far she goes down the cover lane.

I think the better question is why she continues to abandon her albums the minute they’re released? Maybe she could cut a cover or two if she went out and promoted Plastic Hearts or Gimme What I Want, but she never does.

blaze_dave and Lost In Japan. like this.
  17. The Younger Now energy from that lil concert *boy with cross*

18. Per RideOrDie on A**L, she has a song coming out with Elton John.

Screammmm I cannot wait for the mess.

19. A memoir of the Plastic Hearts era live performances.

spaceship and Verandi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.