Mini Viva | Page 134 | The Popjustice Forum

Mini Viva

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by mikey_selfcontrol, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Downloading now...I still cant actually believe they are going on holiday the week of the single release, it's like they've given up already. Utter madness!

The girls have a 2 page fashion spread in todays Fabulous Magazine (News Of The World supplement), they looks beautiful.

2. Well it's into the top 200 - currently at #184

3. "I Wish" I could download this off iTunes UK. If the track appears on the UK Nokia Music Store, I can get it there. Anyone know if it's available there yet?

4. ana

ana

I'm not in the UK but I just managed to buy the song from 7 digital. All you have to do is use a web proxy, it's easy. Here's how:

Edit: It's probably best to use only temporary credit cards. Otherwise it might not be 100% safe.

1. Go to http://defilter.co.uk/browse.php?u=czovL3d3dy43ZGlnaXRhbC5jb20vc2lnbnVw&b=0 (If a warning shows up, click Continue)
    2. Sign up: Fill in all your usual details, BUT the country needs to be set as United Kingdom
    3. After registering, go to http://defilter.co.uk/browse.php?u=...vbS9hcnRpc3RzL21pbmktdml2YS9vbmUtdG91Y2gv&b=0 and click as many songs/mixes as you wish (buy individual tracks preferably)
    4. Click Checkout (menu on the right) and fill in all your card details as usual
    5. You're done! Go to: http://www.7digital.com/locker and download One Touch.

5. What is it with people doing this these days? First the Sugababes now Mini Viva. They both must have the same management...

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Are you sure that's safe? I'm not sure if I like entering my credit card info while using another site...

7. Guys don't bother. Your 1 purchase won't help anything.

8. So cheery.

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well I wasn't just asking for this one case, there's often songs I can't purchase anywhere while they are on 7digital.

10. ana

ana

You're right, it might not be. I use temporary credits cards, so I don't have that problem. It has a value limit and I can cancel it once the order is finished. So yeah, it's not a good idea to use regular credit cards with a proxy.

11. What kind of attitude is that to have? If someone likes the song and wants to support the artist they may as well go ahead and buy it. And surely if a lot of people purchase it then it will help, considering that's how the chart works.

Obviously you're getting at the fact that at this stage in the game it's looking likely to chart in a miserable position and we'll never hear of them again, but to the fans it's still important that the final single, if this is it, charts at say 75 rather than not at all.

12. after some frustration with the proxy, I got it to work and I've downloaded One Touch and its remixes! That method should prove quite useful in the future actually, because as an American, not being able to buy tracks from the UK iTunes store is annoying :\

as a big Mini Viva fan, I'm seeing this as a down payment on the album we SHOULD be getting from them because if this fails hard, it'll seem unlikely :(

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Plus some people just like to buy it because they want to have the song.

14. But why bother when the artist themselves don't care. And also if you're from abroad there's no need to go through the hassle of finding a way to buy it legally in the UK. You have a perfectly good excuse to just download it because the label will never put it up in your native store.

15. Also your purchases won't help with the chart as your card isn't from a UK billing address. So it's ultimately pointless unless you just want to feel good about yourself.

16. It doesn't matter if it doesn't count towards the chart as long as the money goes to the record label/Mini Viva.

17. Oh okay, some members are on a charity mission now to give Mini Viva some extra spending money.

Anyway, it's not my money so spend whatever you want. I was just saying!

18. Do you have scans?

I don't think we should give up yet. Keep downloading, and make your friends download. We need a Mini Miracle.

19. ana

ana

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.