Mini Viva | Page 192 | The Popjustice Forum

Mini Viva

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by mikey_selfcontrol, Feb 9, 2009.

1. This is the most 'things from 2010' post ever

MusicalMelody, Leis, 4Roses and 5 others like this.
  2. All robbed of what would have probably been classic debut albums.

3. I Wish and One Touch are defining bops of the 21st century.

The actual hit is fine.

4. Wait don’t do Tokyo dirty like that!

lushLuck likes this.
  5. It was when Not In Love came out. Britt said, among other things, that Frankee “ruined her life”. The MO girls chipped in and said Britt’s the one who tried to ruin Frankee. She then ended the spat by saying she had a new single to promote that’s about to premiere on radio 1.

When Frankee left MO, Britt tweeted something along the lines of “does anyone know what time I should listen to radio 1?”

I want a deep dive podcast into this feud to be honest.

6. I mean, it’s a perfectly good song, but it just doesn’t compare to the other two for me.

LPMA likes this.
  7. I wanted to upload their videos to YouTube but Tokyo and I Wish were completely blocked, and One Touch got blocked in the UK, US and Canada. Why UMG, why?

So I turned to Vimeo to upload the AI Upscale I worked on for Tokyo. I thought it has always looked quite poor and compressed, despite coming out at the beginning of the online HD era. The AI did what it could and it obviously fared better in some scene than others, but I'm pretty satisfied with the end result.

Vonchol, jawow_, If You Go and 11 others like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Great to finally see this in good quality again!
    Hope One Touch and I Wish will follow!

9. Amazing! What a bop.

Pink Frost and LPMA like this.
  10. Question: was “One Touch” ever released physically? Like on a NOW! type Compilation or something?

Mvnl likes this.
  11. I think only a promo CD was produced.

@Dark Ballet just know that if you ever are able to print anything Mini Viva you can charge literally whatever you want for it; I will pay.

12. Everytime this thread is bumped I think the album's leaked...

13. Is there even an album to leak?

lushLuck likes this.
  14. I don't recall the specific interview where it was said, but I remember Frankee saying that they were a week out from delivering the final album to the label around the time they toured with the Saturdays. Whether that was their first pass at the album or their post-One Touch material is kind of fuzzy in my mind, but between that and Britt posting a mastered version of Say What You Feel on her Soundcloud page, I took that to mean that they had finished something before they were dropped.

Pink Frost and Runawaywithme like this.
  15. Frankee did an Insta Q&A early this year and sais one was finished and she still listens to it.

If You Go, TRAVVV, Pink Frost and 6 others like this.
  16. Ahh, ok thanks.

Still think it’s an injustice the label cancelled a physical release for “One Touch”, the writing was on the wall though.

If You Go and Pink Frost like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.