Miranda Cosgrove - High Maintenance (EP & Singles)

Re: Miranda Cosgrove - Dancing Crazy - Prod. by Max Martin & Avril Lavigne

I like this- it sounds a bit like Party In The USA with a bit of Teenage Dream, it's summery and happy, sounds like something you would hear in Hollister or Abercrombie & Fitch.

it's a cool little song but even though I knew that this was a Miranda Cosgrove song, the vocals sounded completely like Avril's.

Great pop song , Great melody in the chorus.

Cool song! I like the bridge. Is there a new album coming soon?
I love 'Kissin U' too.
Columbia should buy her more good songs, her last album is really bad.

Not exactly the most innovative song of all time. But it is rather pleasant. The spoken bits are especially catchy.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Put.
Your.
Hands.
Up.

Why does everyone ask people to that in songs?! NO I WON'T PUT MY FUCKING HANDS UP, AND I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES!

APC said:
Put.
Your.
Hands.
Up.

Why does everyone ask people to that in songs?! NO I WON'T PUT MY FUCKING HANDS UP, AND I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES!

It's lazy songwriting shorthand for exuberance for Dr. Luke, a man who has clearly never actually been inside a club and has no idea what people do while dancing. Find another trope, you hack!!

I'm embarrassed to say I find this kind of listenable. It's got a dreamy quality over the chorus that reminds me of Brick Supply's (and later Dubstar's) 'Not So Manic Now.' Weird comparison?

R

Resi12

I loved Bam and this sounds quite good also, I really wish her well for some reason. She seems like this is exactly what she wants to do.

This sounds suspiciously like Avril Lavigne. Perhaps they left too much of her in the mix?

R

Resi12

AjAlexK said:
This sounds suspiciously like Avril Lavigne. Perhaps they left too much of her in the mix?

I was thinking that too, especially in the pre chorus while she sounds very Ke$ha in the hook. Still good though.

V

vasilios

This is ace, and if Avril let this go I am optimistic about her album!

Who's funding Miranda's career?
Is she big? Does she sell a lot? Because I think it's quite odd that she's been releasing albums and singles for over 3/4 years now, despite being only 1/10 as big as Demi, Selena and Miley.

Monchichi said:
Is she big? Does she sell a lot? Because I think it's quite odd that she's been releasing albums and singles for over 3/4 years now, despite being only 1/10 as big as Demi, Selena and Miley.

Columbia.
She's not really very big, her debut has sold about 130,000 in the US (Miley sold that much in 2 weeks with her least successful album, Can't Be Tamed).
It may seem like she's been around a long time but she actually has only released 1 EP and 1 album, with each only getting 1 single.

Her music career is odd. I think when she was signed there was the assumption was that she'd become Miley's rival but they've made a lot of mistakes along the line, the main one being timing. I think with the Disney stars all falling apart, Columbia will try much harder to push Miranda next year because her competition have pretty much gone and that's why they've abandoned her debut after only 8 months.

I doubt she's a very costly act either, she may work with some top producers but we already know the likes of Daydream and Disgusting are just other artists demos...

Sober x said:
Monchichi said:

Columbia.
She's not really very big, her debut has sold about 130,000 in the US (Miley sold that much in 2 weeks with her least successful album, Can't Be Tamed).
It may seem like she's been around a long time but she actually has only released 1 EP and 1 album, with each only getting 1 single.

Her music career is odd. I think when she was signed there was the assumption was that she'd become Miley's rival but they've made a lot of mistakes along the line, the main one being timing. I think with the Disney stars all falling apart, Columbia will try much harder to push Miranda next year because her competition have pretty much gone and that's why they've abandoned her debut after only 8 months.

I doubt she's a very costly act either, she may work with some top producers but we already know the likes of Daydream and Disgusting are just other artists demos...

Thanks for the explanation. I was really wondering about that.

Oh, this song is catchy and nice. Hopefully a hit for her. She seems like a very sweet girl.

R

Resi12

Monchichi said:

Well to be fair there is interest in her television show so I suppose it is also another probable explanation as why she is still signed. She gets a seven figure deal for her next season of iCarly!

Yeah, iCarly is pretty big. It's one of the biggest television show for teens and kids. I'm not surprised she hasn't sold tons of records, Columbia Records is shit and is known for having underselling artists.