Miranda Lambert - Palomino | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Miranda Lambert - Palomino

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music City Queen, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Didn’t you forget Wildcard ddd

xOJakeXo likes this.
  2. D'oh! Added above Platinum!

LeBratt likes this.
  3. I still need to listen to all of her albums because the Weight of these wings is fantastic. Lemme spin Palomino this weekend.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  4. Finally someone else who recognizes Revolution as her magnum opus! One of my favorite albums ever.

I'd personally go with:

Revolution
    The Weight of These Wings
    Platinum
    Four the Record
    Palomino
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Wildcard
    Kerosene

Platinum just rippled with confidence, veering into an earned bravado that I just find so electric. I can see Palomino overtaking Four the Record in time but I adore those four albums above it so much that I don't want to make that call yet.

aux and xOJakeXo like this.
  5. ‘If I Was a Cowboy’ went from being a very beige lead single for me to one of my absolute favorites in the context of the album! God she’s amazing.

Falling more in love with the album each day.

Come&GetIt24, Euphoria and ladylloyd like this.
  6. Funny, I think of Strange as the lead single, but I guess If I Was a Cowboy technically is. It just seems like such an od song now—it came out in October.

Euphoria and Red Coat like this.
  7. This is her best album ever (for me). Waxahachie, Tourist, and Carousel are just perfect.

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

In His Arms, Tourist, That's What Makes the Jukebox Play, Waxahachie, and Carousel are all stunning. She never fails when it comes to slower moments.

9. Does anyone else hear The Eagles influence on the album version of Waxahachie? Loved The Marfa Tapes version, but with the album version, I hear an updated, modern take/version/sample of Take It Easy. Maybe I'm crazy.
    Also, I'll Be Lovin' You, That's What Makes the Jukebox Play, Carousel are up there for me in her catalogue along with Dark Bars. Those are top tier Miranda for me.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  10. Another great album in the bag. Quite a bit more upbeat than I was expecting it to be.

On my first couple of listens, my top two favorites are That's What Makes the Jukebox Play + In His Arms.

Tourist, Waxahachie, and Strange probably complete my Top 5.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Diet Pop! and speedyboi like this.
  11. In His Arms is becoming one of my favorite songs of hers ever. It's wistful and western in the best ways.

12. In an era where albums rarely stick around past release week because of the constant flood of new, I’m happy to report this one has its hooves on me. I woke up with Geraldine in my head, In His Arms is stunning, Tourist is one of her strongest mission statements, Music City Queen with the B-52s is the perfect marriage of country and camp… all of it is an easy listen. Her discography is ridiculously consistent and I love her. That’s all.

13. I feel the same. She’s only gotten better as she’s progressed for me. She’s so consistent.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  14. I’m so late to this but WOW! It’s such a great album, not one dud. It’s missing those super loud songs like Locomotive, That’s The Way The World Goes Round, Somewhere Trouble Won’t Go, most of her albums have them. It’s all the better for it!

This run of albums since The Weight Of These Wings has been just stellar! I used to think of Revolution as her best album but really if you took the singles off of it, it wouldn’t hold up anywhere near as well as these last few albums.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022 at 1:07 AM
  16. Performance of Strange on Jimmy Kimmel:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.