Misheard Lyrics | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Misheard Lyrics

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Hudweiser, May 31, 2007.

1. In the first verse of The Killers 'All These Things That I've Done' I thought he was singing "And my erection, well it comes and goes".

Glad I looked it up before ever singing it out loud. Though I still hear it every time.

2. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

I was just reading the lyrics booklet for Angels With Dirty Faces looking for samples, and I stopped to look at the Round Round lyrics. I was aghast! My entire post-Round Round life has been a lie! I've always thought the song was "Round round, baby round round spend the night on me."

And now to my complete shock it isn't! I'll have to change all of my sing-a-long habits!

3. Me too! What is it?

4. spinning out on me - which makes sense given the song is called Round Round. I also thought it was spend the night on me but that doesn't make much sense at all.

5. I'm so glad this is a shock to someone else! I felt like a right idiot, i've sang that song in front of people as well!

6. I thought it was 'spend the night' too, so if virtually everybody thinks it's this lyric you have no need to feel embarrassed.

7. I thought the words in 'Toxic' were:

"Ooh the taste of your lips, I'm all awry."

I've sung those words I don't know how many times until I found out last year that I was very wrong. I think I like my lyrics better though...

8. Whereas I always thought it was "Round round baby round round, spin your light on me" in some sort of dancefloor/dj reference.

9. Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up

The line is
    'Never realised that you've been shared'

I always thought it was
    'Never realised that you were a shit'

That's a common one, isn't it?

10. Very common, especially as i'm sure they've sung "shit" at least twice live.

11. What?! It will always be "spend the night on me" for me. I can't just change the lyrics now after nearly seven years!

12. Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry

I thought "like the little school mate in the school yard, we'll play jacks and uno cards" was:

Like the little screw maid in the stool yard
    We'll play Jackson uno-cars

13. I think that lyric of Round Round is one of the most popular misheard lyrics. I was singing 'spend the night on me" for quite a long time before I found out the truth.

In other news, has anyone deciphered Disturbia yet? L - to the - O - to the - L.

14. Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum
    Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum

;-) I'm kidding, love.

15. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

I like those lyrics better. I'm all awry works!

Can I just say I am in the Sugababes round round spend the night on me club. I am not singing it any other way!

16. My friends and I used to think 'When you're looking like that' by Westlife opened 'She's a five foot ten catfish with bendy eyes, everybody was staring couldn't believe that this girl was blind.'

listening back to it now, it doesn't sound anything at all like that...

17. "Sprite cans and skintight jeans, I got a fistful of love that's comin' your way baby!"

I was NOT right...

18. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I was listening to 'My Love Is Pink' today and remembered that "butthole tight" is my favourite misheard lyric ever.

19. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl:

Hey there Rodrigo!

(Hey, where did we go?)

Britney Spears - Can't Make You Love Me

Don't care about money
    It doesn't give me half the thrill
    To the thought of you coming

(Don't care about money
    It doesn't give me half the thrill
    To the thought of you, honey)

20. In Heidi Montag's "Your Love Found Me" I swear it sounds like "I feel warm inside thinking about your crotch".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.