MNEK - General Discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

MNEK - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Not with that username you don't.

2. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Amazing artwork.

3. KAG

KAG

Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Oh please. MNEK is more talented and interesting than Jermain.

4. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Say what?

[​IMG]

5. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

The Gorgon City collaboration is very good. I hope he can establish himself and I'm excited to see what he has in store with his solo work. I also just found out that he is only 19. He does not sound that young.

6. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Talented? A firm yes. More interesting? They're both boring.

The only thing interesting about MNEK the Popstar was he was a fat kid that could write. Without the tub, he's just a songwriter, decent producer and glorified session singer - three things that don't automatically combine into "I'm an amazing popstar" unfortunately. Just saying it how it is, and I'm really not alone in thinking this.

He'll be one of those songwriters that'll pop up every now and then in the credits of other people's EPs and albums, which gets blogs like Popjustice excited, without really making a mark on pop culture as a popstar himself.

7. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I have my bets placed on MNEK, Robyn or Sam Smith for my favourite album of this year.

8. Edu

Edu

Great single cover!

I love him as a producer and he can do different and amazing things at the same time, but his refixes and solo demos can be a little bit repetitive. I'm expecting some versatile r&B/pop instead of just 90s influences, house/garage and the same type of vocals on every song.

9. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I really hope it's pop and nothing like Ready For Your Love.

10. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Not totally sold on his voice in some parts and the "do you fuck to this shit" is something I can see getting old, but otherwise this is really good. Great production, nice melody.

https://soundcloud.com/mnek-1/every-little-word

11. Edu

Edu

Yeah, I don't like his voice on this but the backings are good. I want the vocals to be more clear and not reworked as he does on his refixes. The song is not a banger, not a promising hit, but it is nice and groovy. I expected more from him, anyway.

12. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Great track! The production is seriously fantastic. The vocodered bits and the bubbly synths are amazing.

13. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Well I think it's very good. Not keen on the vocodered bit, though.

14. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I really like it but it reminds me of George Michael for some reason...!

15. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

He's also on Sub Focus' new single Close so that will probably help.

16. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This is like the first thing by him that I don't like at all.

The "do ya fuck to this shit" sample is really annoying.

17. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Well this is amazing. I love the way his voice swells on the chorus, it's insane. Can't wait to fuck to this shit!!11

18. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This is amazing! I love absolutely everything he does. His voice is gorgeous and his talent is undeniable. Slay, 'NEK.

19. BML

BML

I totally thought I heard "do you fancy this shit" at first but I'm not so sure anymore...I

But how incredible is this?! The key changes!!!!!!!!!

20. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

"Do you fuck to this shit?" is completely unnecessary and annoying, but the song is pretty good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.