MNEK - General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

MNEK - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

It's a wonderful song but the key change in the middle of the chorus is more startling than 'interesting'.

2. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I really like this. It's not his best piece of work but it's a nice change of pace without losing his touch.

3. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I'm glad he hasn't decided to follow the deep house trend in the UK, I was worried he'd give up on pop for a while.

4. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This is properly amazing. I knew he wouldn't disappoint.

5. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I really like his "MNEK on it" tag, but it doesn't work that well on this track as it does on A*M*E's City Lights.

6. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

The second part of the chorus where he wails some random off key made up on the spot melody is terribly unpleasant. Ruins an otherwise quite decent song.

7. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Beyond crap. Goes nowhere. Terrible "melody".

Had Sam Sparro or anybody else recorded this thing, nobody would have cared.

14882401th non-worth-the-hype case alert.

8. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This sounds like the promising debut single of the dark horse finalist of a TV talent show.

9. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Ouch.

In MNEK's defense, at least the production sounds totally right now. It's not like he's a 1992 tribute act.

10. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

It's definitely not strong enough to lead anything but yeah, nice enough.

11. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Sounds like a Kavana album track.

12. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

One really does wonder how he got signed or even gets this 'hype' in the first place. I'm not suggesting anything, but you know, something is going on. His relationship with PJ is strange too.

13. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Producers and DJs are the new popstars. Oh Beatmasters, you were too early to impact, but at least you gave us Betty Boo.

14. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I LOVE his voice but I'm not keen on Every Little Word - fair play for experimenting but it's not what I would call a 100% successful experiment.

15. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I don't like this song at all, but this is beyond rich coming from you.

16. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Extremely‚Äč rich.

17. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Every Little Word is maybe my favourite single of the year so far. I'm mad radio 1 aren't giving it any support cause it's right up their alley.

18. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I'm not crazy about this at all and I actually do like MNEK.

19. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I'm actually quite surprised they bothered to shoot a video for this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.